The Cutest Couple Chapter 1

"Annie..." Armin started.

Annie looked up from beating the shit out of a wood person.

"Yes?"

"I...I..." Should I tell her? But then it would be awkward.

"Yes?" Annie said, sounding impatient.

"Can you teach me some of your moves?"

Annie looked at Armin with a seriously!? look.

"Sure."

Armin sighed. He just felt relief that she didn't know, yet, at least.

"So what move did you want to learn?" Annie asked.

"The trip move."

"Oh, that one," she said, "Okay." She sighed. "First you start like this." She put her arms up in front of her. She brought Armin through the steps of the move. "You get it now?"

"I think so. Can you demonstrate it?"

"On you?"

"Yeah."

In a quick flurry of moves, Armin was on the ground. His jaw slammed into his head. He felt a little swimmy. Annie offered Armin her hand. Armin took it and got up. "Can I try?" he asked.

"On me. I'll give you advice."

Armin looked at her. He couldn't hurt her. He didn't want to. He looked to her eyes. She looked a little annoyed. Then, in a jumble of whatever he remembered from her tiny lesson, he tried to knock, her down. His leg ended up catching on hers, and he fell himself.

Damn it. Why am I such a spaz.

Annie rolled her eyes. Armin helped himself up.

"You want me to guide you through it again?"

"Yes please."

She came over and started putting her hands on him, guiding him through. He tried to pay attention, but he couldn't get over the fact that Annie was touching him! He didn't know how to describe the feeling. It just felt good.

"Do you get it?"

"Sort of."

"Uggh. Try it again."

Armin did. She tripped. "You sort of got it." Armin felt good. Finally, he was doing something that someone but Eren and Mikasa were at least sort of proud of.

"Keep practicing," Annie said, and she walked away.

Annie felt sort of bad for Armin. He was a very smart guy, but physically very weak. And he was kinda cute? Wait, what? Why the hell was she feeling sorry for anyone, especially Armin?

Wait, do I like him?

She looked over at him, trying the move she taught him, and failing.

Definitely not. He is cute.

Damn, why was she getting those thoughts. Okay.

He is cute, but that's all. I have no feeling for him, anyone for that matter.

She went back to practicing.

It was dinner. "Hey Armin, why were you talking to Annie?" Jean asked.

Armin shot a glare at Jean. "I...I just wanted to learn some moves."

"Yeah, right. You probably were trying to get a clear look at her boobs!"

"Uh...uh..." Armin stuttered.

"Jean, don't make fun of Armin!" Eren said. He got up and walked over to Jean.

"Eren...don't get in another fight with Jean!!" Armin shouted.

The punching began. They got up out of their seats and began pushing each other over.

No...no...no. Armin looked down at his food and began eating, putting his hand to block his view of the fight. Why are they fighting over me. I'm just a third leg, a fifth wheel. Then he heard Eren yelling. He looked back and saw Mikasa carrying him outside.

He looked around and saw Annie looking at him. She looked back down at her food. Armin stared at her for a few seconds more, then turned back to his food and began eating again.