The Cutest Couple Chapter 2

Armin turned in his bed. It was late into the night and what had happened earlier was still in his head, along with other thoughts.

I think I should tell Annie.

But she'll hate me.

But this weight will be taken off my shoulders.

But then others will laugh and Eren will have to fight Jean again. And then...

Armin sniffled. Why was he being so emotional? Was he really getting so hung over love? Of course, he loved his family, his parents... Sniffle. But Annie?

Then he made his decision.

Annie saw Armin approaching. Oh god. What does he want?

"Annie."

She looked up.

"Yes?"

"I..."

"Are you going to tell me you love me. If so, just make it quick. I don't want to hear it."

Armin looked at her, his eyes welling with tears. Whoa, where did that come from?

Armin squeaked, "I do love you," then quickly backed off. After a little, he ran.

Reiner walked up to Annie, looking back at Armin. "What was that about?"

"Nothing."

"No." Reiner grabbed her arm, "It was obviously about something."

"I told him I didn't want to hear about his silly little crush on me."

"You think that was a little harsh?"

"No."

Reiner shrugged. "Whatever you want. You realize he's gonna love you and hate you at the same time."

"Whatever."

Reiner shrugged an walked off.

They were lining up for inspection. The teacher, Mr. Shadis, came up, looking all them down. Some he told to adjust something. He yelled at Sasha again. Annie didn't care to know. When he came by her, he gave her a quick look-over, then continued. Then he asked, "Where Arlert?"

The 104th looked around. Annie didn't. She didn't really need to.

"Well, where is he?"

There was a murmuring.

"Well?"

"I don't know sir," Eren said.

"Then go find him."

Eren ran off. Annie's heart wrenched.

Did he run away? I hope not...

Why THE HELL was she thinking about Armin that way?

Armin lay on his bunk, trying to breathe deeply. Then the door opened. "Armin?"

Armin stay silent. Eren jumped up on the ladder and looked at Armin. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Armin kept looking up at the ceiling.

"What's wrong?"

Armin's eyes began to well up. "It was...Annie."

"Annie? What'd she do?"

"I told her..." He stopped.

"Told her what?"

"That...that I...I..."

"Armin. Do you have feelings for Annie?"

"Uh...yeah." Eren breathed in deeply.

"Ok. Did you tell her?"

"Yes. And she told me she didn't want to hear it." Armin started crying. He could feel Eren looking at him, feeling sorry for him.

"Well, what can we do?"

"I don't know." Armin curled up and started rocking back and forth. Armin and Eren stayed silent for at least 10 minutes, until Armin wiped his last tears away and said: "I'm ready to go."

Armin walked into the ranks. His face was red, probably from tears. He looked at Annie, and his eyes welled up again. He looked away.

Did I really hurt him that much? She was mad at herself. He was harmless. She felt bad for him. Perhaps she should've apologized. Gave him a kiss to make up for it. Wait what? Then she realized, she had feelings for Armin!