EIGHT

2.09 PM, FRIDAY.
#MISSION_8

———

YOONGI: isn't that... hoseok?

NAMJOON: where does the scream come from?

JUNGKOOK: hyung..?

— jungkook went to the other side of the door, back to where they were standing a few minutes ago. a flash of movement came across his vision, but it was dark; he couldn't see. the hallways were still dark even in broad daylight.

he squinted his eyes as he darted at every corner of the place, trying to find the source of the movement. he saw it again; the shadow. and in a split of second the shadow jumped into his face and engulfed him into a tight hug.

JUNGKOOK: oh my god, hoseok hyung. you scared me!

NAMJOON: hoseok?

HOSEOK: thank god you're here. i— i got lost and i didn't know the way back.

YOONGI: then why did you even go this far, stupid.

NAMJOON: now is really not the time, hyung. can't you see him? he's scared out of his wits.

YOONGI: right, sorry. i'm going to inform the others that we've already found him.

— yoongi fished out for his phone to contact seokjin when his phone suddenly rang; the ringtone vibrated and filled up the hallway. hoseok flinched at the sudden loud sound of it.

YOONGI: oh, what is it?

SEOKJIN: found him yet?

YOONGI: yes we already did. so let's meet back at the cell.

SEOKJIN: wait. do you guys know where we are? i've got something to show you guys. come up here.

———

NAMJOON: what.. is this place?

SEOKJIN: this is a cell, same as the others in this hallway. the other cells were empty, but this one is a bloody mess.

TAEHYUNG: these writings on the walls scare me. they're literally everywhere— even the ceiling too!

JIMIN: what's with all these papers and drawings?

— jimin picked up a stack of crumpled papers on the floor, examining what was written on them. a few papers were ripped off from newspapers and they were all about the same serial killer whose targets were young adults. and as far as he could understand, the criminal was still on the loose.

YOONGI: how long ago is this paper? there's no way he's still out there. the cops must had been hunting him in every corner of this country.

JIMIN: hyung, look at this.. it says that out of seven prisons he had once been in, this prison was his favourite.

YOONGI: so, what's your point?

JIMIN: what if he's still here? he even once said that this prison treated him the best and that he didn't mind staying here for the rest of life. what if he's the footsteps jungkook was talking about?

NAMJOON: oh, come on. i think you're too caught up in the moment, jimin. what he said was a long time ago, back when this jail was still fully functional. there's no way he would still like this place anymore since it's been shut down years ago.

SEOKJIN: he's right. i mean, who would even live here? it's so cold and dusty. humans wouldn't be able to cope in here.

JUNGKOOK: uh, guys..?

JUNGKOOK: why is this candle still hot?