Chapter 1: The night before the seven wonders

*Cordelia's P.O.V*

I slowly gained consciousness as a soft distant noise echoed throughout my ears. After a few seconds of waking up, I rolled over to the opposite end of my lonely bed and felt around for my stick. All I saw was a huge void of darkness as I got up and made my way out of my room;following the quiet noises as my subconscious mind mapped out my movements. I walked down the hallway slowly, being careful to not wake the girls; they needed all of the rest they could get for tomorrow. As I approached Zoe's room, I heard small purrs coming from her lips which told me it was late and that the overall silence was due to the girls being asleep. As I moved closer to the end of the hallway,the small noises turned into soft whimpers-the southern tone of voice I Instantly recognized. I then curled around the doorway silently, feeling my way into the witch's room.

"Misty? You okay?" I whispered with concern. Misty then turned around instantly and I suddenly felt her smile from across the room. 

"Uh...oh...i'm fine Miss Cordelia" She beamed back, her voice a lot more shaky than usual which made me realize she wasn't fine. Anybody else would of probably left without another thought but my instincts forced me to walk over and find out what was really the matter.

"Misty...I may be physically blind but I know when someone is upset, tell me what's the matter" I urged as I sat down next to her...whenever Misty was present, I could always see her. She has this white pure glow about her which intrigued me so much. For a moment, it was silent, then Misty burst into tears and buried her head into her hands.

"Oh Miss Cordelia, I can't sleep. Those seven wonders,they're not for me. I ain' like those other witches, all educated and smart...i'm just a lonely swamp witch with no knowing at all. Hell, i ain't even lived yet! I don't wanna die Miss Cordelia I don't!" Misty sobbed hysterically as I ran my hands through her warm soft curls unknowingly. Every bad word Misty said gave me that horrible sinking feeling in my chest,the sort of feeling that comes before you break down in tears. Seeing her so unhappy hit me so hard but I had to be strong,if not for me then for her. 

"Ssh...ssh...it's going to be okay Misty, nothing bad will happen to you. Don't say such words, you're just as smart and worthy as any witch out there so don't,don't say those things" I stuttered, my heart shattered at how hurt she was. Misty was the happiest person i'd ever known, I hadn't known her long but whenever she would walk into the room I knew she was there. That glow about her, it made it hard for me to believe she had been burned at the stake and lonely all of her life. Her enthusiasm and energy was always so powerful yet here she was, staining her beautiful skin with cold tears and confessing her true feelings. I slowly untangled my fingers from her hair and pulled her in close, her body so warm even at her lowest point. I kissed the top of her head softly and inhaled her wondrous floral scent,her warmth seemed to radiate onto me as she cuddled into me subtlety. We stayed like that for a few minutes,in a sort of fixing silence until Misty withdrew from my arms and looked up at me.

"You're too kind Miss Cordelia...I just can't help but worry" she sniffled sadly. I then reached my hand onto her face and moved it slowly up her soft cheeks to under her eyes, i used my thumb to wipe away the tears that seemed to keep coming from her eyes. At first she stiffened with my touch but then immediately relaxed, In that moment, there was nothing I wanted more than to kiss her soft lips until she was okay. God Cordelia stop it, there's no way she feels the same I thought to myself ,so I decided to break the moment instead.

" I'll leave you to get some sleep Misty," I spoke as I turned away and felt for my stick. leaving her was the last thing I wanted to do.

*Misty's P.O.V*

Cordelia slowly got up, balancing her body weight onto her trusty walking aid. My heart sank as she slowly started to move from the bed and towards the door-I didn't want her to leave. My tears had stopped, but something in my head made me hold out for Miss Cordelia's arm which suddenly halted her. 

"Uhm...can you stay with me Miss Cordelia?" I blushed with embarrassment, my heart racing with the anxiety for her response. Before she could say anything,I spoke again-

"I sorta' need somebody right now and you're the only person who gives a damn in this house." 

Cordelia turned around;smiled then nodded her head and made her way over to my bed. I helped her sit down and puffed the cushions behind her so she could at least be comfortable. For a moment, I gazed at her in admiration, even with no eyes Miss Cordelia was still the most beautiful woman i've ever saw. I then looked down, the way her silk nightgown clung to her body mesmerized me, I wish she could realize how beautiful she was. I then suddenly snapped out of it when Cordelia began to speak quietly...

"I'm always here Misty, you can talk to me about anything"

I smiled at the sincerity of her voice and sighed, nobody has ever been that interested in me before.

"Can I ask you something Miss Cordelia?" 

"Sure but please Misty, just call me Cordelia or Delia" she smiled faintly.

"What does love feel like?" I whispered as I placed my head on her shoulder and looked up at her.

"I wouldn't really know- Hank was my husband but I never really loved him,just the idea of having something" she sighed, it was complete silence for a few moments until she spoke again.

"But lately, i've began to fall for someone, if i'm being totally honest. I've never told anyone this because...because she's a girl" 

For a few seconds, my worries seemed to fall away at the thought that that girl Cordelia was falling for could be me. But that thought soon melted away, who was I kidding? Nobody could love a dull swamp witch like me. 

"I think...I think I may be feelin' that way about somebody too" I replied, my nerves starting to kick back in.

"Who? You can tell me Misty" Cordelia smiled warmly, a genuine look of interest in her face.

I didn't say a word for a good half of a minute, my mind was fighting in deciding whether I should tell her or not. My heart began to race,it was like it was longing for me to tell her how I really felt. I needed it to stop.

"It's you Delia, you're the one who came back for me...it has always been you" ...