Chapter 9: The Start

*Cordelia's P.O.V*

The other witches had their eyes transfixed on me-they were completely silent as I shifted a little uncomfortably and got up from my seat. I then took a deep breath-preparing to say what I needed to.

"As your Supreme I want to serve you all well, including the newer witches in this Coven. Now just a few weeks ago, I was crowned the new Supreme and had to deal with my mother's and Misty's passing. This is Misty Day-" I paused, pointing at the young witch beside me, I could tell she and everybody else were confused.

"Dealing with those things was something I couldn't do well- when Misty was taken from me it felt like a part of me had been ripped out. If I hadn't of had this Coven to live for-i would of had nothing at all if I was to tell the truth. Now she's back I feel sort of whole again, I feel like I can serve this Coven to the greatest I can now I have her but I need support from everybody too. Misty is my girlfriend-you've probably gathered by now but i'm going to say it again. Misty is my girlfriend. I know that most of you will be happy about this,some unaffected and some unable to understand this. If you cannot support us-if you won't stay united with us then I want you to leave, now" I spoke seriously, tilting my head around to see if anybody would respond. After a good minute, Myrtle rose up from her seat-

"May I speak Cordelia?"

"Of coarse" I replied softly, sitting back down upon Myrtle bracing herself to speak.

"I just want to say that I am delighted about Cordelia and Misty-two people I happen to admire greatly bonded so tightly. I'd just like to say  that every witch here supports you in whatever decision you make" Myrtle spoke loudly, which made every one of the higher witches clap formally in support of Myrtle. A tight knot of suspense in my heart had been relieved- We were accepted.

"There is nothing left for me to say-you can continue to dine and discuss now" I smiled with happiness, directing it at Myrtle who rose her glass of red proudly at me. I then turned to Misty, who was smiling uncontrollably. 

"Delia that was so brave...i'm not sure what to say" she spoke quietly, still smiling adorably. 

I then looked down, Misty's hand crept over and entangled her fingers with mine under the table. I couldn't help but blush as I lent over and pecked her on the lips. We stayed like that all throughout dinner,which made eating dinner difficult but I didn't care. Eventually  I excused myself from dinner and from Misty as today was the day I could finally be a true supreme.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Misty's P.O.V*

"Misty darling, do come here we need to chat" Myrtle beckoned which sent a few feelings of worry throughout my head. Myrtle smiled-her whole face relaxing which told me she was currently reading and relieving every nervous impulse I had. 

"Now things have been let out to roam free between you and Cordelia, one can't help but wonder if you pair have had an official 'date'?" Myrtle questioned, her face still seemingly relaxed.

"A date? Is that where you go places an' stuff?" I asked with confusion- I had never really been on a date. Nor did I ever have anybody to date. I'd saw a few things about dates on radio and at one point on television-a man and a woman going to watch movies or eat a meal but I had never really grasped it fully.

"Yes dear, you go on outings as an official couple...it's sort of like a nice escape from usual places. Two people usually go to dinner-or a nice few days away even...it's special." Myrtle replied, one of her eyebrows curling up as she spoke.