My Adventure Begins

The first thing I noticed as I walk through the forest is how lush it is. The ground in the area is very fertile and is a natural grower of plants and fruit, which also means many Pokemon. Flora decided the best way to see her new surrounding was on top of my head. So soon I was walking through the forest with a giant bulb on my head. Luckily no one saw us. The forest was so beautiful. It was like it had not been touched for a long time. I saw a flock of Pidgey flutter when I came too close. I also saw a family of Rattata soaking in the sunlight on a stump . Wish I had my camera! Slowly we make our way through the forest.

"Flora, do you see anything up there?"

"Bulba, Bulba, BulBA, BULBA!"

She had pointed to the west, so I started walking that way. I keep walking until I come upon a clearing and in the middle of the clearing is a Weedle eating a rare flower, the Vermilion Flower, it's favorite food.

"Nice Job Flora! Its a Weedle! Lets see if we can catch it."

Flora jumps off my head and seems to change personalities instantly. She becomes more confident and determined. Good. Now lets see what moves a Bulbasaur starts out with. I open the new handbook I saw my mom put in my pack and turn to the page with Bulbasaur on it. Bulbasaur, it bears the seed of a plant on its back from birth. The seed slowly develops. Researchers are unsure whether to classify Bulbasaur as a plant or animal. Bulbasaur are extremely calm and are difficult to capture in the wild. So the bulb will grow bigger on Flora. Interesting. I scan through the page until I find the list of moves. After a Bulbasaur has hatched, the only move it will know is Tackle. Then after it grows a bit, it will quickly learn Growl. So, Bulbasaur probably knows Tackle and maybe Growl. Might as well go for the first strike.

" Flora, Tackle!"

Flora jumps into motion as it quickly lopes towards the Weedle. The Weedle doesn't seem to notice until the last moment and goes flying into a trunk.

"Nice Job, Flora! Lets try a pokeball!"

I quickly grab a pokeball from my pack and throw it at the weedle, just as one of my classes had taught me. The Weedle is caught in a flash or red light and is sucked into the pokeball. It wiggles once, and then the Weedle pops out.

Darn. Flora's tackle must not have been strong enough. I should go for another one. Flora seems to be wait-

"Flora! Quickly, Dodge!"

Weedle had sprung himself off of the tree and was coming in with a quick Poison Sting. Flora scrambles to get out of the way, and barely dodges the sharp white stinger on Weedle's head.

"Flora, one more Tackle!"

Flora again goes in for the Tackle, but Weedle scurries halfway up a tree. Flora instead hits her head against the tree.

"Flora! Are you okay?"

I run over to where she hit the tree, and now she is downright angry! I didn't expect that from the scared little Bulbasaur a little while ago. Flora runs at the tree that Weedle is in and uses a Tackle on it! The Weedle loses balance and falls off. Then Flora again tackles it into a tree.

"This time for sure! Go pokeball!"

The pokeball flies at just the right angle, and I manage to capture Weedle with the red light. The pokeball starts to wiggle, and eventually the little red and white indicator dulls. Wait, WHAT? I JUST CAPTURED MY FIRST POKEMON! WOOHOO!

"Nice Job Flora! We just got a new friend!"

I run over to where the pokeball is sitting and pick it up. A warm fuzzy feeling grows inside as I stare at the pokeball with our new pal inside. Flora comes over and sniffs the pokeball, then snorts and walks over to the sun and sits in the sun. Well, we know what her opinion is of our new friend. Great, more drama. When I thought I had enough in high school, now I have to deal with it in my OWN Pokemon. I debate what to nickname my newly caught Weedle, and decide that Killer is the most appropriate.