chapter 3

The day had arrived. It was my birthday tomorrow. I told Lewis he had to be at my house tomorrow at like 6 am. That meant he cant be hanging out at my house all night like he had been the whole summer.

     Sometime in June he had stuck up for Evan, when Evan was in an argument over a freaking speaker, but after Lewis went home that night he stuck up and protected Evan, I told him I liked him. In reply to me telling him that I liked him he said, "How are we gonna make it work?" I thought to myself for a minute and then said, "We could hide it somehow."

     I don't know if he liked me then or not but the night after that I got my answer. After he went home he got on snapchat. He sent me a message that said, " I have a question for you."  I didnt know what to reply so I waited a minute. After that I replied with the emoji of a hand giving the okay sign. He opened it immediately after I sent it. About 18 seconds later I was sent a picture of his tv with a message. The message said, " Will you go out with me? " When I got done reading I had to think for a second.

    Then after awhile of complete silence, and me not answering him, I decided that I would give him a try at being my boyfreind for the summer. I had recently just got over a relationship with a guy from my old  school, and he didnt talk to me anymore so I called it off. Then what I put in the message sent to Lewis aparently made him want to come up here alot more.

  The day came. He was up here at 6. And we went in the mustang. That was the car my mom's boyfreind drove. I loved it because ever since I was a little kid my dream car was a 2007 Ford Black Gt mustang. Athough his wasnt the right model or the right color I still loved riding in it because hey its a mustang. Anyway, the drive normally was 31 minutes, but when in the mustang and traffic starting it felt further away. Thats ok though it means more time with the person I love.

    Anyway, the whole ride up there, since we didn't want my mom and Charlie to know, him and I held pinkies. I mean with him it was romantic because he didn't want to get in trouble. We had arrived. We had just arrived at white water. During the six or seven hour experience with Lewis beside me, and Charlie and my mom behind me, it was great. I never wanted to leave that day. I had finanlly realized what love was. I never wanted that to leave either.

     After that day, Lewis came around more often then usual cause we had finally came to terms that we were boyfriend and girlfriend. And that is how this whole thing with us began.