Ch. 32 Welcome to the City of Night

Read to find out where did Michael's brother come from!!! And what does the city of night look like??

"WAIT!" they looked at him "Don't touch her! Because Meier Link... she is.. she is... your brother's fiancée."

WHAT???

I could feel that Meier Link's eyes fixated on me now.

Everybody stood there just staring at me in silence.

I looked up at Meier Link, who was also staring at me... but with curiosity now.

"My b-brother..." he said "He's alive?"
"Oh yes he is!" Adamus said and rolled his eyes "He's more than alive..."
"Let's go!" he motioned with his hand "I'll take you home.. you must be tired and you got wounds. They need to be cleaned."
"Meier Link!" one vampire said "Are you gonna take the human to your home?!! She's a HUMAN and we're hungry!" then everybody begun protesting, saying they want to eat me and attacking Meier Link for not letting them to do so.
"SHUT UP!" he said "She knows my brother! We've spent centuries without human blood, we don't need it now. Okay now go home, the show is over!" they all listened to him so I assumed he must be their leader.

"My castle is a few jumps from here." he pointed in the great distance.
"You are forgetting, Meier Link, that humans don't jump like us." Adamus reminded him.

Meier Link looked at me for a seconds and seemed buried in deep thoughts, then said

"I have forgotten what humans were like completely..." he looked away "All this time here..."
"Your dear brother and his dog Gilbert used to carry her like a backpack whenever they jumped." seemed like Adamus had returned to himself completely.
"What's a backpack?"
"This is going to be a long day..." Adamus sighed.
"Then you carry her!"
"I can't do that, my wounds haven't healed yet!" Adamus shook his head. I didn't wanna be carried by Adamus either! This was all his fault! If it wasn't for his stupid ass, I'd be with Michael right now!

But I wasn't going to give up. I didn't care they kept saying that there was no way of returning back! I was sure there was and I was determined to find it. I only hoped Michael was waiting for me... What was he doing now?

"I'll c-carry you..." Meier Link said. "Come." I approached him and stood behind him, but didn't know what to do..

He was so tall like Michael! But when Michael used to carry me, he'd first fall on his knees so that I can get on top of him.

I felt like Meier Link didn't know what to do. Maybe he hasn't carried anyone before?

"Mmhh.. I ah.." I stuttered.
"You what?" he turned his head backwards, but not completely.
"You're very tall, I can't..."
"Oh!" then he spun around and simply grabbed my body and lifted me up with his hands wrapped around my legs. I thought he was going to bent so I could get on his back!

I placed my hands on his broad shoulder for support, because I was scared he was going to drop me! It was obvious this man hasn't carried a living soul in his life! It felt so unnatural, but before I was able to protest, he jumped really high and off we went.

I was so scared to even open my eyes, because I didn't feel stable in his hands.

When I felt him land, I was so happy that this was finally over! He placed me on the ground and I looked in front of me.

He had a small castle... I couldn't see everything very well, because it was dark and the light from the stars wasn't enough.

"Let's go inside. We have a lot to talk." he said and we followed him inside.