THE LIONHEARTED RETURN

The next morning bright and early they were all sitting on the bridge of the capital factory ship, fully dressed in Lionhearted uniform that Catherine insisted they wear, saying it would help them stick to their choice.

Steven walked in front of them and looked at them. "Wait where's Michael?"

Daniel turned his head. "He was here. In fact he was the first one here; where'd he go?"

"David Kel that goes by the alias of 'Michael' or 'Mike' is currently in the restroom. However, he has been in there longer than the time usually needed to relieve oneself."

Daniel rolled his eyes. "He's probably doing a number eight."

"Sir?"

Stephanie laughed. "It's our way of saying he's reading on the toilet."

"Oh, that is not good for his health."

***

A smaller version of the lion hologram appeared beside Michael as he was sitting on the toilet. "Sir, are you reading on the toilet?"

The sudden intrusive of his privacy made Michael dropped the tablet he was reading off of.

The lion noted the tablet. "Sir, this action is not healthy for your posterior, and the others are waiting for you."

"Okay, okay, I'll be out in a second." Michael replied as he reached for the tablet.

But the lion put its holographic paw over top of the tablet, somehow turning it off. "Sir, I must insist."

Michael rolled his eyes. "Okay I'll be right out now. Go, shoo!"

***

Michael came back onto the bridge. "Which one of you sent Alf after me? You know he actually came into the bathroom!"

Embarrassed glances and snickers crossed over everyone's faces. Steven quickly stood up and walked to the front of the bridge. "Well last night Michael and Catherine discussed our best course of action and asked me to do some checking up on some things. But before I got to that," Steven held up a handful of round circular objects. "These are your new communicators. I made them out of the Lionhearted medallions. They are fully equipped with my pinhole technology so you can contact anyone anywhere without any delay."

Daniel jumped out of his seat and came to get his. "Cool."

"That is not all." Steven put his medallion around his neck, then pushed the center of it as it lay against his chest. A space shield appeared around him.

"Oh wow! Now that's sweet." Daniel exclaimed.

"It's far better than you think. The shield is generated through a six foot by six foot shield generator and channeled through a dimensional door inside the medallion along with fresh air. So theoretically speaking as long as you have this on you should be able to survive almost a direct blast from an antimatter missile."

"Holy McElroy!"

"Let's hope we actually don't need anything like this." Mike said, as he came up and got his.

Stephanie's eyes shone bright as she got hers. "This will be awesome on the androids!"

"Sadly that won't work," Steven said as he handed Catherine hers. "They already have an extreme collaboration of frequencies flowing back and forth between the one-dimensional doors I have inside them. Adding this on the inside or outside of them, eighty-seven percent of the time causes one of the dimensional doors to collapse if not both. I'm working on the stability of these continuums but for now the androids stay as they are."