Frankenhorns

Ok, so I learned something this morning. I was standing in the entrance of The Dungeon, watching the Kidnapper get a new french horn for a beginner band member. I actually helped the french hornist figure out he had a problem with his french horn. Well, I was standing there and the Kidnapper went through a "doorway" to the french horn area. Above the doorway was duct tape with instrument names, such as: Alto Saxes, Tenor Saxes, French Horns, etc. Well, I glanced right below the duct tape strip that said french horns to one that I thought said "Frankenhorns" (no, this has nothing to do with the Frankenbone chapter). 

     "Why does this look like it says Frankenhorns?" I said.

     "Because that's what they are," says the Kidnapper (he has real sass). 

    I look at him. "Seriously? That's a thing?" 

   "Yeah, I'll show you," he said. He opens up a case to reveal a peculiar horn. 

  "What the crap!?" I exclaim, "What is that considered!?"

 "It's like a cross between a trumpet, french horn, and baritone."

  "What clef is it?"

  "Don't know; no one ever messes with them." 

So, this is pretty much what they look like:

Also, Mom and Jazz weren't here, so the other two trumpet players in Advanced Band  were following me like a section leader. However, I did play 1st on "When you Wish Upon a Star" like a boss. I was loud and proud. Ok, bye.