Chapter 2

After four long, boring, uneventful, classes. It was time for lunch! Out of the corner of my eye I spot David sitting with two people. One was a guy who had thick, dirty blonde, curly hair. He was fairly tall, had a trail of freckles on the bridge of his nose, and had a really cute smile. Not that I care. The other person was a girl she had long, jet black hair. She had a dazzling pair of blue eyes, and was pretty skinny. I walk over to David with a big smile, "Hey Dave" Hopefully he was catching on with the nickname I gave him. He introduces me, "Hey guys! This is Haze, Hazel this is Milo and Katy." Dave scoots aside giving me a spot to sit, then Katy leans in really close to my face and asks Dave, "Is this the mystery cute chick you were talking about?" I felt my cheeks get hot. I blush, "No, I'm the girl that walked into his locker this morning." I turn to Dave. His eyes were wide. Breaking the silence, "So, Milo and Katy...Right?" They nod. I notice Milo gazing into my eyes. I kind of like it. Then he blurts out "If you're eyes are brown why is your name Hazel?" I say " I don't know. Why are your eyes hazel and your name is Milo?" He laughs. I felt tingly. 

   After a bit of conversation a tall, strong, jock comes to our table and kisses Katy on the cheek. Katy introduces me to the guy, "Babe, this is Hazel. Hazel this is Josh aka my boyfriend." I wave "Hi Josh aka Katy's boyfriend." He smiles, "Hi Hazel. I assume you're new?" I nod. Katy stands up and announces, "I'm gonna hang with Josh" we watch Katy walk away with her boyfriend.

 After the long silence Milo looks at Dave, "Cute huh?" Milo looks at me and winks. I wondered if Dave was okay, he hadn't talked in a while. I just patted his back, tossed my lunch, and walked away.

***** 

   It was two weeks into the school year. I was sitting in the library studying for my Math quiz next Wednesday. I've gotten  really close to Katy and Milo but  Dave had already become my best friend. Which is super surprising because we are completely different. He is careful, I'm a klutz. I'm out and open, he's in a nutshell. But we both want to keep a close friendship. 

  Then my eyes were covered, "Guess who" a familiar voice said. "Um... I'm assuming it's Dave." He uncovers my eyes, " Ding ding ding. You're prize is a shiny, brand new nothing" he pulls out the chair next to me and sits. I look at him, his dark eyes were like black holes pulling me closer and closer. I look away and go back to studying. After what seemed like ten minutes I look at Dave again he hadn't moved his eyes off me since, then he breaks the silence, "you like Milo, don't you?" I froze, "Pinky promise me that whatever we tell each other, whatever happens, we can trust each other and we will always stay friends... just friends?" With out reply, he grips my pinky with his, which slipped into a hug. As we were hugging he whispers, "so that's a yes?" I nod. Then he pushes our hug apart, his hands on my shoulders, looking at me intensely with those wide, dark pools of his. I'v neve seen him so serious. Then, he looks down and walks away.