Chapter 7

Maybe I do like Dave? No we're just friends! Shut up iner self! My mind has been tossing turning. Then the car stops. We arrive at a yellow beach house. When we all get out of the car Josh opens his arms as if he was to hold the house up, "Welcome to casa grandpa." We all go inside the house and drop our bags on the floor. It is beautiful inside! There are glass doors that lead to a golf course and a bookcase that is twice my size. 

  Then a man comes down the stairs he looks super intelligent. He has a white beard, a head of thin white hair, a green polo,  khakis, reading glasses on the tip of his nose, and a pipe. Then Josh calls out, "Paps! Long time no see." Josh introduces us, "This is Milo, Skyler, David, Hazel, and you know her. The one. The only. Katy Pearson!" Katy gives Mr.Harps a big hug. Everyone shakes his hand and thanks him for letting us stay at his house. When I shake Mr.Harps' hand he looks at me closely, "Don't believe we have formally met." Nervously I say, "Hazel. My name is Haze. I am newer to the group. Thank you for letting us stay here Mr.Harps." He said in a welcoming, soothing voice, "Please  call me Paps." I joke, "ok Mr.Paps" he smiles at my little joke.

*****

  Me.Paps lead the guys and girls to their rooms. Since there's a lot of us the guys shared their room and the girls shared theirs. After we all unpacked,Katy asked Sky,"So are you and Milo official" I hold back the lump in my throat. Sky answers, " I hope. I really like him. I mean his personality is so amazing. We are perfect for each other. I mean we have the same birthday for goodness sake. And his smile takes my breath away. I think I really like him." I couldn't hold in my  emotions," I'm heading out for a walk" I storm out the door.