Prologue

His love appeared in a manner that was unexpected.

We meet people where we least expect them to be, in unfavorable conditions especially for the heart. Destiny never takes to consider us, as usual, it never is. It makes life interesting, fun, and a challenge we need to accept.

The first time you see your first love, you question the path you take over a hundred times, your plans, priorities they all change. You convert yourself to someone you never knew before.

The light takes up ever space of your body, with every corner of your gloomy hear that was hurt and tainted. It shines more intensely, and everything becomes heavenly and indescribable.

The strings of destiny like to play dirty; they like to see us bow down to their impotent will and mysteries. We are their toys that they use to enjoy themselves; they get fascinated with our reactions and enthusiasm from our distress.

In bus stops, in the universe, in work, in a café, where we wait with emotion hidden that that person presents themselves in our life, illuminating in that magical way everyone talks about.

Our heart submerges itself in a lethargic eternity; it can only wake up from it when our love opens the door, converting our dreams into reality.

When one suffers properly, everyone has their own proper destiny.

Kim Jongwoon

"Why aren't you here?"

You walk on the road remembering memories of your loves you aren't matched with. You remember those kisses you never gave, the smiles you gave, and the words you never said, because the memory is the test of our existence. Those moments weren't a product of our dreams.

Kim Ryeowook

"Why haven't you arrived?"

The immense light falls over the noisy city that's illuminated by lights of hundreds of colors. The people walk with every step they take they rush to their homes or enjoy a night of lights and getting intoxicated.

One smiles in the middle of his friends, while another sheds tears in an empty room dark.

Another puts the pieces of his destroyed heart together, while another wonders if he still has one.

Another looks up at the beautiful stars in the sky, while another contemplates the blinking light bulb over themselves.

Another breathes in the cold nigh air, while another inhales the aroma of sex from the guy above them.

Another empties his hands letting the night breeze caress him, while another crosses his arms around his torso.

There is only one thing in common these people have: they want their love to come back so that they can take a space in their empty lives.

Love is something everyone looks for in secret, something we all dream of in the darkness our homes, and company of loneliness. Deep down we know it's a feeling that's unparalleled to happiness, a fullness that does not fill up other emotions.

It's a feeling that drags the entire world, other places, and other experiences.

Because that is love.

Love is a lost paradise.