The final battle

{«General POV»}

"I hate you." Her words spit like venom towards her other woman.

Regina stands, the latter's heart in her hand. Rage well illustrated upon the women's faces. A sly smile grew on the mayor's lips as her grip on the pulsing muscle tightens. Causing a whimper and groan to escape from the Queen's mouth.

Though her face schooled, her eyes began to tear for she didn't wish for Her other half to end her life. Regina's reflection in the broken mirror catches her eyes, and her movements and previous intentions cease. "But I don't.."

The woman's face softens from its aggression in front of the mayor. "I mean I used to but now.. I love myself."

The brunette ripping her own heart out, hearts in both hands. The restraints on the Queen's form loosens. "W/what? Are you doing?"

"I'm giving you some of my good, in return I'm taking some of your darkness. You deserve to love your self too,"The brunette placing the hearts next to each other, the darkness and light evenly taking place in the women's hearts.

The latter in awe of what Regina did. No one had cared for her enough to share her darkness, even if it was herself. The mayor puts the Queen's heart up to the latter's chest, and her heart to her own.

"Because I love you." The women's eyes meet as Regina forces the pulsing muscles back into their rightful places.

Once the hearts in their bodies, the Mayor hugs the latter, throwing her off guard. "I-I want to love myself too.." the Queen's eyes shut tight as she melts into the embrace.

{«Emma»}

I pace the length of the city hall for what seemed like hours. Waiting for Regina to come out safely. My bottom lip tucked between my teeth as I sit on the bench a couple feet from the entrance of the building.  One hand, palm up. White magic floating between my fingers, trying to distract myself. Yet my mind always goes back to the brunette.

I quickly stand up my hands clenched in fists, pacing to the door. "It's been two hours and no one has come out. I'm going to kill someone." I huff out reaching for the door.

As I do the knob twists and I'm met with warm brown eyes. A moment later I realize the black dress that incased the brunette's figure. Quickly grabbing the collar of her outfit, I slam her into the side of the building. My arm across her chest pinning her to the wood. "Where the hell is she?!" Brown eyes widen and her lip quivered as my heart broke.

"Emma! Let go of her!" A familiar voice fills my ears as I'm pulled away from the woman.

My eyes are met with yet again similar brown eyes. "Regina.." I pull her into a tight embrace, burying my head into the crease of her neck.

"Emma." She softens into the embrace.

"I thought she killed you." She pulled away and I regret letting her do so.

"I couldn't leave Henry all alone. Besides if I left him with you who knows what would happen." She chuckles softly and my knees go weak.

"I helped her realize she too can have a second chance at a happy ending." The mayor grabs her latter's hand.

"I'm sorry Emma.. for hurting you."