3

“Get everyone inside now! Kill all the lights, you know the drill!” He yelled turning around, he looked at me and Ethon “You two follow me” He said turning and jogging off to a building. We followed without hesitation. We followed him into a small office type building and he went straight to the back room. When we got in he turned around and faced us. The back room was big covered in shelves and papers.

“What do you know about the Afari?” He asked. I shrugged and looked at Ethon

“Hey you know more than me” He stated, I narrowed my eyes at him and turned towards the man

“I’m Emma and this is Ethon” I said holding out my hand. He shook it and looked up at us.

“Sam” He replied. I nodded and sat down on the floor

“We know that there planning to change the atmosphere and repopulate here” I said looking up at him. He nodded

“Ya there planning to use drill’s somehow” Sam said sitting down at the desk

“How would that work?” Ethon asked after a minute or two. Sam shrugged.

“Don’t know that was the last report we got from our spy there” He said

“You got in?!?!” I said in disbelief. He smiled and nodded.

“Yup but everyone we do send somehow gets found out about and disappear” He said sadly.

“What have you found out about them?” Ethon asked suddenly interested.

“Not much, there base has over 5 levels but we don’t know what’s in them, they don’t attempt to hide and there raid is all over the world. Also they have wicked senses, but only in their Afari form not human.” He said

“That would explain why they couldn’t hear or smell us in the woods” I said looking at Ethon, he nodded, never letting him out of his sight.

“Have you ever actually looked at a body of them, like when in there weird form, not human one” Ethon asked.

“No the one we did kill they dragged off before we could get to it.” He said “Same with all the others we killed”

“So you know how to kill them?” I asked leaning closer. He nodded

“Ya they might be fast and everything but two or three direct hits to the face usually kills them unless they actually put armor on” I smiled knowing that the people in the church were right for the most part. I whirled around as something smashed into the door leaving a huge dent. I pulled my gun out, Sam and Ethon both found guns lying on the floor and pointed them at the door, I backed away and readied my gun, the door swung open smashing into the wall and 3 Afari walked in. I shot at one of them. It hit its face and it screeched in pain. Using my other hand I grabbed a pair of scissors and shot again, this time it didn’t react but it walked towards me. Ethon and Sam were shooting back to back. I cursed and shot again. The Afari lunged at me and I slide underneath it. Its tail smashed into me throwing me into a stack of papers. I quickly stood up and grabbed the gun. I aimed and fired again. This time it howled in pain and crouched on the floor. I ran up to it and jumped on its back holding onto its horns for support. I grabbed the scissors and stabbed the thing in its neck and it tried to rise. It howled in pain and fell and reached its hand up and cut my arm before falling to the floor limp. I pulled the scissors out and looked around. Ethon and Sam were still back to back hitting the Afari with their guns. I ran up behind one and stabbed its neck with and it fell to the ground. Sam whirled around and shot the Afari next to Ethon, it tumbled to the ground limp. I sighed in relief and collapsed in a chair. I let the scissors tumble out of my hand and clatter to the ground. I gagged at the smell of burning cement and bodies. I felt like I was going to throw up, I had never had to kill one of these things before and it disgusted me.