9

I slowly opened my eyes and found everything around me to be fuzzy; I slowly sat up and looked around as my vision cleared. I was on the ground of some sort of hut place, there were a few cans of food and that was about it, other than a few chairs. Sunlight streamed in from a few tiny holes as windows. I stood up and instantly regretted it, blood rushed into my head causing my vision to falter and me to almost fall. I shook my head and blinked a few times. I walked over to the door and tried to open it without success. It had been locked from the outside. I walked around the room for a minute before I heard the door click and swing open. I almost swore as I watched Sam walk in and locked the door again. He had a blank expression but didn’t look too happy. He had a gun strapped to his side and his hand resting on it.

“I gave you direct orders NOT to go!” He practically yelled. I made a funny face and jumped back in surprise.

“Ya and since when do I listen” I countered regaining my original position.

“I told you not to go and what happens! No one else came back, what happened”

“How did you find me?” I asked suddenly curious.

“That is none of your business” He said looking up at me.

‘You had me followed! You seriously don’t trust me, I’m hurt” I said crossing my arms

“You expect me to trust you?!?” He practically laughed. I nodded in agreement.

“Ya” I stated.

“What happened, where are the others and what happened to them” He asked trying to control his anger.

“Ethon” I said coldly

“What?” He asked giving me a strange look

“Ethon happened” I said again, I felt a tear run down my cheek, because of him Megan, Mark, AND Conner where dead.

“What do you mean Ethon, what did he do?” He asked, his voice had gotten softer. I wiped away the tear and slowly told him what happened, leaving out everything about my arm and the creepy Afari. When I was done, I wiped away more tears and looked up at Sam; there was softness in his eyes that seemed to be studying me.

“Is that it?” He asked. I nodded

“Show me your arm Emma” he said softly, I nodded and lifted up the sleeve on my left arm, nothing.

“Your other arm Emma” He sighed.

‘Why am I doing this?” I asked folding down my sleeve.

“Emma. Now. When we brought you back I saw something in your right arm, what is it” He said.

“There’s nothing there” I lied.

“Don’t play games with me” He said coldly.

“There is nothing on my arm” I stated again. This time I think I really set him off. He walked over to me and grabbed my right arm. I tried to pull free but he gripped my arm even tighter. I flopped to the ground causing him to stumble and let go, I started to get up when he grabbed me again but this time he was prepared. When I tried to do the flop thing again, he didn’t budge or let me move; instead he slammed me against the wall. He pulled my sleeve up and looked at my arm before letting go. I rubbed my wrists and arm before quickly pulling my sleeve back over my arm

“God Dammit Emma what did you do” He said rubbing his forehead in frustration.

“Nothing” I said truthfully. “Just what you told me to do”

“What the hell does that mean?! Are you seriously telling me that I told you to go sell yourself to their experiments!?” He almost yelled.

“First off what the hell and who told you that!?!” I shouted at him. I heard knocking on the door but we both ignored it.