Chapter 6

Raising himself off her, Tarek looked down at Amber and wordlessly began to kiss the tears away from her face, “Amber, hayeti, why didn’t you tell me?” he choked out, his voice hoarse. “Had I known I would have been gentler. Did I hurt you?” he asked as he slowly withdrew from her from her to lie by her side, his hand running over her body as if checking for broken bones.

She shook her head, “No…well a bit at first but afterwards…well you know, you made it wonderful...” Tarek smiled, deeply satisfied, his teeth white against the dark bronze of his skin, making Amber blush violently. He rolled away and off the bed walking into the en suite bathroom to dispose of the condom. Wandering back to the bed, he lay down next to her, pulling her still pliant body into his warm embrace. She raised her head to kiss his lips, “Thank you, Tarek” and then frowned as she saw him scowl in disagreement.

“No, I do not deserve your thanks Amber. You were a virgin and I took you without thought, imagining you to be a woman of experience in these matters. Please understand I would have never have wanted to hurt you in any way”

Oh wow, thought Amber, a remorseful Tarek was a whole new experience for her.  He looked quite miserable and her tender heart could not bear to see the proud, sexily arrogant man she loved so much beat himself up with a misplaced sense of guilt.

“Hey,” Amber admonished gently as she wrapped her arms around him. “Are you forgetting who seduced whom tonight?” She asked with a grin at his expression of confusion, “For heaven’s sake Tarek, tonight was my first attempt at a strip tease but I think it went pretty well…and then I undressed you, all with the express purpose of having my wicked way with you, you gorgeous man!”  Now it was Tarek’s turn to blush, his cheekbones stained dark red, unaccustomed as he was to compliments on his physical appearance, Amber’s words pleased him much more than he cared to admit.

“No matter,” he said gruffly to cover his embarrassment. “It never occurred to me that you may be a virgin…You’re twenty five? How is it possible?” he demanded, still stunned.

Amber hesitated, this was not how she had pictured the aftermath of her first time, but Tarek seemed hell bent on a post mortem. She tried to make light of the situation but inside her heart was sinking.

 “Well, you’ve met Cameron? I am sure he played the overbearing middle-eastern brother to the hilt the other evening. If you think he’s bad, well Daniel is positively medieval! I grew up with in a house that was always full of their friends but none of them ever looked at me, of course they were too terrified to.  At the time I thought it was because I was ugly or fat or…something” she tried to come up with another explanation as Tarek raised one black eyebrow in patent disbelief.

Rolling her big blue eyes Amber conceded, “Oh all right, I know that isn’t true but I’m trying to explain how it made me feel.  It was only when I went away to university that I started dating, most of my girlfriends had been in relationships by then but I was new to all that and still shy around men. Then the fact that you haven’t had sex becomes an issue and you don’t want to just do it for the sake of doing it so… ” She shrugged her shoulders, not seeing how Tarek’s eyes darkened as the movement brought her breasts closer to his broad chest. Following her own train of thought Amber suddenly realised why he was so abject and on a sigh of understanding she pushed him away.