SIX.

ㅡPRESENT

PRESENT.
"science has failed to inform us
if insanity is just a byproduct of intelligence."

"jimin, what's taking you so long?" yoongi asked, using his pointer finger to softly knock on the bathroom door that jimin had been behind for thirty minutes.

yoongi looked down once more, admiring his own outfit. he was wearing his nicest collared shirt, a pair of blue pants, and black sneakers.

"hang on, i'm almost done!" jimin shouted in a voice that sounded quite flustered. yoongi placed his hands awkwardly in his pockets and rocked back and forth on his heels. he had just met this kid at 4:30 that morning, and now he was going on a date with him?

yoongi heard a container of makeup clatter to the tile floor and a few curse words leave jimin's mouth.

"what's wrong, jimin?" jimin didn't respond, and yoongi could make out a small sniffle from the other side of the door. "can i please come in?"

when he didn't hear an answer, yoongi slowly creaked open the door and hesitantly peeked around the corner. "jimin?"

jimin was sitting on the edge of the bathtub, looking down with tears sliding down his red cheeks. he was picking at a piece of skin on his hand.

he was wearing an oversized purple sweater, the fabric worn and beaten, pink legs, fitting well around his curved thighs, and a purple flower crown. he had left his light brown hair shaggy and curling around his ears he had so carefully tucked a few strands behind. e was also wearing pink socks with a white lace border, and it looked like he had put on a bit of eyeliner.

"jimin? what happened?" yoongi asked, crouching down so his face was leveled with jimin's. the younger one still wouldn't make eye contact. yoongi placed his hand on jimin's, which finally caused him to look up at him.

"i-i, j-just..." jimin's voice trailed off and he began to uncontrollably sob. yoongi automatically took the boy into his arms, and jimin placed his chin on his shoulder.

"shh. it's okay. you don't have to tell me what's wrong if you don't want to." jimin nodded into his shoulder and let out a long, shaky breath. when he regained a bit of his composure, yoongi pulled away and sat next to him on the tub.

"jimin, instead of going out, how about we stay here?" jimin's eyes widened and he bit his pink, plump lips.

"stay here?" he asked curiously, his voice soft and comforting. yoongi nodded and kept himself from chuckling at jimin's timidness.

"yeah. and we can watch movies, and play with your stuffed animals, and have a tea party." yoongi said persuasively.

"and we can color?" jimin asked, his shimmering brown eyes meeting yoongi's. he smiled.

"yes, we can color." jimin smiled a small smile and nodded. "but first, why don't we get your makeup off? and we could put you in your dinosaur pajamas."

jimin grinned and nodded excitedly. yoongi hoisted him up onto the bathroom counter, next to the sink, and grabbed a warm washcloth and a bit of soap.

"close your eyes." jimin obeyed, and softly shut his eyes to reveal long eyelashes and a bit of eyeliner. yoongi softly wiped the makeup away, revealing a smiling, bare-faced jimin.

"you look so pretty without makeup." yoongi said softly, placing his thumb on jimin's right cheek. he blushed. yoongi held his hand and helped him off the counter, and they went back into their room to find jimin's pajamas.

they dug around through the drawers until they found the green, dinosaur-patterned onesie, and jimin began to take off his clothes. yoongi had to shut his eyes a bit to keep from blushing. when he opened them, jimin was only in his pastel blue boxers.

yoongi was now the one avoiding eye contact, and quickly helped jimin step into his pajamas. when he was done, he stood up and was practically tackled by jimin. he hesitantly wrapped his arms around the brown-haired boy and sighed.

"thank you, yoongi."

yoongi smiled and placed a kiss on the younger's forehead.

"you're welcome, baby boy."