Chapter Eight

He just picked the knife up and handed it to me.

"You do know you are not allowed to carry sharp objects to school right? I don’t know what you are up to Sasha, but I am glad you are dressing how you did the first time around. This is who you really are. Delicious and delicious," he winked at me and walked away.

I got up and called the agency.

"Hey, do you know how much longer I need to be in school for? You already caught the one guy. Has he not spilt anything?"

"Sorry Sasha, we are close but just hang in there. At most it'll be another month."

"What?! Fine."

I walked towards the DB9 to keep the knife, then back to class and sat down next to Dylan, I was feeling disgruntled.

Dylan whispered to me,

"Hey, is everything alright?"

"Yeh, everything is ok," I mumbled.

I closed my eyes. Cleared my head.

"Sorry Dylan, I didn’t mean to snap at you. I  just had a lot going on."

"Like what?"

"The swim meet, the upcoming exams. The usual," I half lied. 'Being in this school, liking you but not being totally honest with you, babysitting someone like Nick who doesn’t seem to be in any sort of danger.'

He held my hand to calm me down.

He smiled, I smiled back.

"Thanks Dylan."

"Let's study together for the exams. You know, after your swim practice," he suggested.

"Thanks again Dylan. My place or yours?"

"How about yours during weekends and mine during weekdays? My parents are never home during weekdays."

"Okay."

After my swim practice, I drove the DB9 closely tailing the Jaguar that Dylan was driving. His house was smaller than Nicks but still sizeable.

"Welcome to my humble abode," he said.

"It isn’t that humble Dylan."

"Haha, come on. I'll show you my room."

His room wasn’t like what I assumed a boy's room would be like. It was neat and it actually smelled of his cologne. It wasn’t messy and it didn’t smell of old socks.

We spent an hour drawing up a schedule. I made up a lie and told him that I can only do twice a week so one will be at his house and the other would be at mine.

We were revising Chemistry when he excused himself.

"I'm going to go down and pop in a pizza in the oven. Are you okay with that or do you want something else to eat?" he asked.

"Pizza sounds good."

He then left for the kitchen.

I looked at my watch. It was already almost 10. How long have we been studying? Next thing I knew, I was sleeping.

He woke me up at 1030.

"Sasha, wake up. You have to eat something, you haven’t eaten since 3."

I ate 3 slices of pizza. We sat next to each other on his bed while watching some random movie that was on TV.

I feel asleep again.

I woke up the next morning, huddled in his arms. I writhed to get out of his arms but he just pulled me in closer.