Chapter Two

"GOOD AFTERNOON, HOW may I be of any assistance?" She answered the call, feeling quite groggy and potentially dangerous if this person somehow said something the wrong way. She didn't even pretend to be otherwise. Yes, she was definitely in a shitty mood, but only from a result of not getting any sleep and having an overall shitty night.

Right now she was sporting a black eye from rugby guy last night who elbowed her in the eye. Sure it was accidental since he was just drawing back his hand to give the guy a good knock out, but it didn't make the throb of pain in her eye feel any less.

Even her bar mate, Bell, felt sorry for her that he brought her some ice in a bag. And that guy never showed her any emotion much less be kind to her. He must have spoken to her like three times since they have been working together for the past year if she remembered correctly and that was stretching it for many wouldn't consider a "Hmmm..." as being really an answer to a fifty word question. Yep, the bar was slow that day and she had too much bundled up energy.

If only she had even half of that energy now.

"Hello, I would like to speak to Miss Elizabeth Golding," the male voice stated and Liz felt herself waking up. She sat upright in her chair now.

"May I ask who is calling her at this time?" She asked, not finding the voice on the phone familiar at all. Working at both a bar and some car dealership, she met a whole lot of people. But this one didn't jog any memories.

"I am James Hull, personal assistant to Mr. Vasquez," the guy said and Liv was wide awake at the mention of anything to with the man she met yesterday. Was he suing her or something? She really didn't know what a rich guy would want with her. She watched her boss looking across the bar at her as he smoke a cigar. Didn't he have an office or something? It was as if he was a customer here which was kind of fitting since he met the criteria of looking as if he was on crack and sometimes he was dressed in one of those cheap suits that some of the government office workers sported coming in. She turned her back to her boss' leery gaze. "My apologies for disturbing you at work, but I see no private cell phone number listed. Mr. Vasquez wants to schedule a meeting with you at five this evening. I believe that is the time you get off from work today."

Liv was a little taken back by that. What type of meeting? Was she really in trouble? But she shook her head. What would she be in trouble for? He was the one that offered to help and drive her to work. There was no trespassing signs on the elevator so in technicality, she did nothing wrong. But he has a lot of money and that can make the impossible possible. Which intimidates the hell out of me.

"What is this about?" She asked as her boss passed by the bar, heading around the back. No doubt he was going to listen in on the conversation. She checked her watch that was already stripping its gold color. It was her freaking lunch time. She wasn't on his time.

"I'm afraid you'll have to be present at the meeting with Mr. Vasquez this evening for that question to be answered," his personal assistant said automatically. "A car will be waiting for you when your time at work is finished. Have a good day, Miss Golding."

Before she could say a word in protest, he hung up. She frowned. Rude. But she guessed it was the best. She didn't want her nosy boss getting involved in her business, although she didn't know what this was. Goddamit! What did she get herself into?

Liz continued serving up drinks and watched as men grabbed and groped the waitresses. She was quite happy she only went out occasionally and that was if one of them couldn't make it to work. Bell served up drinks as well and entertained the few women that came to the bar quite regularly. It was kind of weird seeing him so flirty and teasing. He was also a lot filthy which kind of explained why this dump of a bar was becoming quite popular for the ladies. That alone probably was the reason why more men came to outweigh the amount of women at the bar. In a way, it was bad and good thing. She had to work overtime for the same shitty pay. The good thing was that she got bigger tips. Enough to save up for both a plane ticket to England and a place to rent soon. Although she still wasn't sure about that England thing, especially since that terrorist attack not too long ago.