Chapter Four

THINGS WERE NOT right. She noticed that as soon as she stepped behind the counter. She looked at Bell who immediately glanced away, wiping at the same shiny spot. That was a dead giveaway when there was still some alcohol spilled not far away. Which meant he was seriously trying to avoid making eye contact with her.

She rolled her eyes. This shit couldn't be happening on a Monday. She then glanced at her boss who had his eyes narrowed at her from the same nosy corner he always stayed at. Always had the perfect view of everything going on. Especially of all the half naked waitresses. Old leery bastard. Sometimes she wondered if he was really the owner of the place. He always looked way too comfy for a business owner. Especially at this part of the city.

His eyes were now narrowed on her and she knew. They all knew. Well...they knew about the limousine. Most likely they thought she came from big shots. Or was fúcking the big shots. They must be wondering which one.

But that still got Liz upset. They knew something about her. Or rather thought they knew something about her and she didn't like. She didn't like it at all. There was a reason she didn't talk about her business to anyone that wasn't related to her. She wanted to keep her life private.

Maybe I should keep my life private from even family members, she thought thinking of her cousin and how he back stabbed her. The cøcksùcker.

She shook her head, getting the glasses ready and making sure they had enough drinks on the shelf for their regulars and an overall busy Monday. Noticing they didn't have quite enough beer, which was odd, she made her way around back to the store room. She only felt Bell's gaze on her as she left the bar to know he wasn't completely oblivious to her.

Feeling quite grumpy, she started to look for some light beers first. That was always a high demand on any given day of the week. But because of her unorganized boss, everything was everywhere. She finally found a crate under some bourbon and scotch.

The place wasn't exactly tidy and the space was small so she had to move other crates in order to finally be able to pick up the crate of light beer, making note to come back for some regular beer she saw at the corner of the small storage room. Sighing, Elizabeth managed to lift the crate and turned to head towards the door. That was when she dropped the crate to the floor out of shock.

"Is that how you treat my property now?" She winced at his tone as she crouched down to take up back the crate, grateful nothing was destroyed.

"I wouldn't have to if you didn't frighten me," she retorted, trying to make her way pass him. "Now will you excuse me so I can continue doing my job."

"So fúcking the big boss got you feeling all primed up, huh?" He gave her a nasty grin, stepping into her personal space. She took a step back but didn't make it far since her shins met into some crates. Liz braced herself, putting down the crate of light beer. "Think you can take long ten minute breaks in the store room and get away with. Even disrespecting me, eh?"

A little of his southern roots came out and Liz glared. The red neck bastard of a man dared to give her a suggested grin. He licked his lips while his eyes racked her body.

"How about you show me some respect by getting on your knees pretty girl?" He gestured to the ground before him and Liz scoffed, tilting her chin up in defiance. "Don't be so fúcking stubborn as if you aren't a whore like the others. Don't you need this job?"

"Fúck you," Liz spat out and he raised his eyebrows at her.

"That's what you are about to do," he stated and Elizabeth shook her head. "Unless you want to lose your job here."