Chapter 6

"What brings you here?"

Mark reached for the tortilla chips, dipping them into the salsa on the coffee table.

I shrugged. "Beth..she dragged me here".

Liz shot me a sympathetic smile. "You aren't her roommate, are you?"

"I'm her roommate. I'm stuck with her for the rest of the year". I grabbed a mini plate off the table and piled it up with a spoonful of the salsa and a couple chips.

"She went to my high school. She's a wild one", Stan stated.

"How so?", I asked, curious.

"She would always get in trouble. Once, a kid told on her for cheating on the test. Two weeks later, the kid committed suicide. If you ever got on her bad side, she would make your life miserable".

"That's horrible!" Beth didn't seem like she would do that. She seemed stupid.

"Yeah, I also remember one time, she scored a 58 on the math final so she did nasty stuff with the teacher to pass the class." Stan's cellphone then rung a sweet melody, and then he stood and left the room with Lucy following.

Liz and Mark also followed, mumbling their goodbyes, leaving me with Harry and the blonde girl who still sprawled across the floor. I cursed to myself, realizing that they never told me directions back to the dorms.

Harry glanced over at me, his hand left hand on my right thigh, squeezing lightly and traveling upward. His vibrant green eyes smirked as Harry's torso gently rested upon mine, his upper body pinning me to the edge of the love seat. I don't even know this guy.

"Harry stop it", I pleaded.

He hesitated, but instead, pulled me in tighter. I desperately tried to wriggle free from his grasp, but he was too good. Harry smirked. "We're going to have some fun tonight".

Something inside of me told me to bite him, so I did. Hard. Harry yelped in pain and his grasp loosened. I wriggled out of the weight of his torso that still pinned me down, and fled. I sprinted through the crowd, running towards the door, purse in one hand.

People judged me as I hurriedly opened the door, but I could care less. I turned around to see if he followed me. No sign, thank goodness.

Embracing the crisp, cold air, I ran farther, and farther, until the house looked like a dot.

It occurred to me that I still had NO idea where to go. I'd have to ask somebody I see while walking. But at that moment, headlights shined brightly against the darkness of the scene. They seemed to be coming from Jared's. The driver seemed intoxicated, as the headlights coming closer whirred left to right. Uncontrollable.