"Mark?"

Lexie's POV

"Mark! You need to slow down we're going to crash!" I say holding on for dear life.
"Lex I need to know. I... we can't... I'm not ready to be a father." he replies slowing down.
"Lex, I have my entire life ahead of me. I'm soaring in Plastics, I've published 7 articles, and I'm only 34! Not to mention we're not married or dating! It would be like a one night stand. I get you pregnant, leave you, and you have the baby with nobody. No woman should ever go through that kind of pain without having someone there for them. I mean Lexie I love you but..." he says.
"Mark, you love me?" I ask cutting him off.
"Alexandra Caroline Grey, I've been in love with you ever since you came here 5 months ago. You have been in my dreams for the longest time. When Derek told me not to touch you, I couldn't do it. When you came to my door last night, I was realeaved. I finally knew that you wanted me too. Do you want me?" he says.
"Pull over so I can kiss you." I reply.
He does and he grabs my face and we kiss. It wasn't anything interesting until I felt the car fly through the air, crash on the ground but it didn't feel like the ground. We started to sink and I knew that we were in a river. I tried to unblucke myself and Mark but I couldn't do it. "Mark?" I cry out but there was no response. Is this the end? Is this where my story ends? Then everything went dark.

Mark's POV

I felt a sharp joilt of pain shoot across my left leg and my right arm. I try to reach my hand out for Lexie but I couldn't find her. I think that this is the end. I hear a faint voice calling my name but suddenly everything goes dark.

10 minutes later

I'm cold. Why is it cold? Just 10 minutes ago it was warm and now I'm cold? But I'm also wet. Wait where's Lexie? I struggle to open my eyes because my body is in too much pain. I try to call out Lexie's name but only faint words come out.
"Sir, Sir can you tell me your name?" I hear as things start to become clearer.
"Ma... mar... mark" I stutter out.
"Ok Mark, who is the other person you keep talking about?" the voice asks
"Lexie Grey... sh.... she was in the car. She's my... my girlfriend." I say
"Ok Mark don't worry she is in the rig behind us. We are taking you to Seattle Grace Hospital. Your I.D says you work there and so did Lexie's."the voice says. As things start to become more clear I see my leg bent in a different direction and my arm in a splint. I let out a wince of pain and then ask "Where am I?"
"Mark you were in a car crash, most likely speeding, and your car landed in the river. You have a minor arm break but your leg is a different story. Oh and my name is Julia. I'm the EMT who got you out. My friend Jackson is with your girlfriend." Julia replies
"Is Lexie pregnant?" I ask.
"I don't know Mark but I'll tell Jackson to check if she is." she says pulling out her phone.
2 minutes later she get a reply and a disappointed look show on her face.
"I'm sorry Mark, she was but lost the baby due to the impact." she says.
I let out a sigh of relive and Julia just looks at me funny.
"2 minutes out." I hear a different voice say.
"Who's that?" I question.
"Oh that's Kevin, he the driver, nothing to worry about." as she says this things start to go dark again.

Lexie's POV

"Mark? Mark!!" I cry out. I try to sit up but I can't I feel something cold and hard around my wrists and ankles. Am I in restraints? We only use that with patients in the Phys Ward why am I in restraints? I open my eyes to see a man with dark skin and a warming smile.
"Who are you and where am I?" I ask.
"I'm Jackson and you were in a car crash. We're guessing the person was speeding, he hit your car and it landed in the river." Jackson replies.
I look down and see blood everywhere.
"What happened." I ask nervously.
"I'm sorry ma'am but you were pregnant but the child died due to the impact." Jackson says.
"Oh. Does Mark know?" I say.
"If Mark is the other person who was in the car with you then yes, he knows." Jackson says.
"Could you please take these restraints off of me?" I say and Jackson does.
"Are we going to Seattle Grace Hospital?" I say.
"Yes ma'am we are 2 minutes away!" Jackson happily says.
"Okkkkkk" I reply then things go dark.

843 words