1) to the rescue

Angela watched the forest from the top of a tree as she enjoyed the break and ate one of the last tin cans she had found in an abandoned house. Then she took a look at her supplies "three bottles of water, two bars of chocolate and a tin of sausages ... At this rate I will starve to death." She complained to herself.

As soon as she heard the noise in the bushes, she prepared an arrow by grasping it with her fingertips, holding the bow firmly. The noise became more intense and then she saw a man trying to run but he fell to his knees grabbing at the wound he had in the abdominal area.

Three walkers appeared, they were trying to reach the man but quickly Angela killed the two with the arrows and to kill the third, who was dangerously close to the man, took one of her knives from her belt, and aiming, hit the walker on the head, preventing it from biting the man.

"Were you bitten?" She asked suspiciously. He watched her for a few seconds answering "no" and getting to his feet. Angela grabbed her backpack and put it on her back and her bow, and she jumped from the tree, her red cloak fluttering. The hood covered her brownish curls, because of the of the jump, and she did not bother to pull it off. She walked over to the man, picking up the knife she had thrown, as well as the two arrows.

"What is your name?" She asked, approaching him, noticing his state. He was dirty, wounded, and wore a necklace made from the ears of the dead. He carried a weapon with him, which she had never seen before. He averted her gaze and said quietly "Daryl." Then he leaned against the tree, getting up and preparing to leave.

"I'm Angela, but everyone calls me Angel. A thank you wouldn't look bad on you, you know ..." He just shrugged. She rolled her eyes and continued. "are you alone?" He looked at the floor for a moment and then looked intensely into her eyes "now I am" and with that, he kept walking

"You're hurt, I have a first aid kit here." He just kept walking, so she ran up to him, causing him to stop "this looks bad, and no offense, so do you ... Let me take care of that, alone and in this state, you will not last long." He looked at her angrily for her persistence, "you shouldn't trust anyone like this, not in this world." He grunted at her.

The events that had happened not long ago still present in his mind, making his blood boil more than usual. She smiled at him warmly, which made him suspicious, almost to the point of thinking she was insane. "But, Daryl, you mean it's a mistake to trust you? It's not the best way to make a good first impression, you know ..." she said teasing him. "You've seen what I'm capable of. Best not to try anything or that will be you." she pointed to the corpses on the floor.

He started walking again and she just followed him in silence. From time to time, when their eyes met, Angela smiled at him and he just rolled his eyes. "What are you doing in the woods?" She asked keeping her curious gaze, which Daryl was already getting used to.

"I'm looking for someone," she stared ,thoughtfully, at the ground. "Me too," she finally said. "It seems like we've both found someone, haven't we?" She said afterwards, smiling. "Yes, but not who I was looking for ..." Daryl said angrily. "And may I know who this person is?" Angela approached him expectantly, as if he were about to tell her a secret. He stopped walking and looked her in the eyes briefly, before staring back at the floor, and murmured "Sophia."

Hi, guys! So here is the first chapter, I hope you have enjoyed it. If so, vote and comment please!
I'll be as quick as I can to update. Thank you for reading!
Also, english isn't my first language so if you find any mistakes, let me know.

-Ana G <3