2) twisted

"I'm sorry ..." she said, smiling at him slightly, a warm smile. She the. remembered a walker she had killed a few days ago. A young girl with long hair and by the looks of it, she hadn't died too long ago. That's why she stayed in Angel's mind. Who knows, if they had met earlier, they would have been friends.
"Is she my age?" Angel asked carefully, afraid to interrupt his deep thoughts. "No, it's a 12-year-old girl who ... who was with me. She got lost here in the woods. Didn't you see anyone?" He asked hopefully. It was the biggest sentence she had heard him say, without him being angry. "No, sorry, but the good news is I haven't seen dead with this description either, so there's still hope." She smiled at him and he just nodded.

"And who are you looking for?" He asked and she couldn't help but smile when she realized he really wanted to know. Daryl did not look like the kind of person who would ask questions just to keep up the conversation. In fact, the awkward silence seemed to be his comfort zone. "It gets kinda boring not having anyone to talk to, you know ..." Daryl sighed "yeah. I can tell you have a lot to say, in fact, you won't shut up." She laughed and he gave her a reluctant smile. "Yeah, so I've been told before. My brother couldn't listen to me anymore" she said excitedly but quickly saddened by the sad memory.

"Is he dead?" Daryl asked as he noticed her sad expression, "No, I don't think so, we split early, we were on the freeway when it all started, on our way to college for another semester." She smiled at her memory "When all the cars stopped, there began to be little fights between people, and in a short time the chaos was set, and I lost him in the crowd. But he is intelligent and very good at fighting. It was him who taught me" Angela pointed at her bow. "Actually this bow is his. When the highway was invaded by the dead, I grabbed this one and left the other bow inside the car. Maybe he came back looking for me and kept it." Daryl stared at her face as she stared at the floor." I tried to come back later but it's still invaded. I just hope he's ok" she sighed, for the first time she was tired of talking, and the lump in her throat did not help, but she held her tears back "I don't know if my brother is alive either" Daryl decided to say, with no intention of sharing anything else. And Angel understood. "I hope so" she muttered. "Me too." Daryl replied.

"Hm ..." Daryl moaned in pain and lowered himself slightly by pressing the wound and leaning against the nearest tree. Angel grabbed him leaning him against the tree and saying "shhhh" noticing he got agitated by her action. "Hey, what are you doing?!" She looked at him intensely, all that screaming would lure the dead. "Fuck!!" He screamed as she lightly pressed his wound. "I'm taking care of you, obviously." She began to undo his shirt as he tried to escape, but she had her body pressed against him, mobilizing him. She looked at him intensely again, grabbing his wrists "stop it. I want to help you." He was not satisfied but at least he stopped fighting her. She then continued what she was doing, undoing his shirt carefully trying not to hurt him more than he already was.

Daryl can not help shiver slightly st the touch of her delicate fingers on his exposed chest and abdomen. Angel noticed but decided not to comment, not to agitate him more than he already was. His breathing was deep, probably because of the pain. She then took out her case and began to prepare a gauze with alcohol to disinfect the wound. "This is going to hurt, but you can not scream or else this wound will be the least of our problems," she warned and he rolled his eyes, grabbing her free arm, preparing for the pain.

But it never came and when he opened his eyes, which he hadn't even realize he had closed, he saw Angel on the floor, with a walker crawling over her. Daryl quickly reached for the knife in her belt and with struggle, due to his wound, killed the walker. Angela screamed in pain and that startled him. He kneeled down beside her and instinctively brushed a few hairs off her face but quickly took his hand off of her, surprised by his own actions. "Are you okay? What happened?" She grunted in pain "I think the son of a bitch twisted my ankle." Daryl noticed her ankle and realized it was swollen "can you walk?" He helped her up but as soon as her foot touched the ground, she felt a strong pain and tears escaped from her eyes. She leaned on Daryl's chest for support.

"Listen," Daryl said, "if you stay here, I promise I'll come back for you. Me or someone from my group, do you think you can stay in this tree?" She looked at him suspiciously "I thought you were alone ..." He sighed "I lied. Are you staying here or not?" "And how do I know you're not lying now?" She asked, "You don't. But it seems to me that this is your only choice. You have little food and without being able to walk, you can not survive. We have a safe place and a doctor. You just have to wait here and I promise I'll come back" she kept her doubtful expression "promise you'll waiting here!" He moved towards her "okay I promise ..." He nodded. "Come on, I'll help you up" with struggle, due to their injuries, she got up.

Angel was at the top of the tree and Daryl was ready to go his way. "Daryl" Angela called him, causing him to turn back "my knife" she asked. He grabbed the knife and tossed it. The knife passed by Angel and hit the branch of the tree right behind her. Angela watched him as he walked. It seems that after all he had some skills himself as well ...

From the top she could still see Daryl staggering through the trees. Angel just prayed for it to be true, for him to come back and take her to this place with food and the doctor. Not because of the ankle, a few hours on that tree resting would be enough to cure it. In fact, she wanted to see him again.

Hello! Here's another one, this time a little longer. If you liked it, vote and comment, please!
Thank you for reading.

-Ana G <3