Ep. 1 The Monster

The night was long, cold, and dark and Sassunè slept in his bed as his door slowly crept open.
"Sassunè, are you awake?"
A soft quiet voice whispered. As his eyes opened and looked at the door to see the tiny silhouette of his younger sister standing there shivering.
"What are you doing up so late, why aren't you in bed?" He demanded.
"There was a monster in my room."
"Monsters don't exist, it's just your imagination, go back to sleep."
"But I'm tell the truth"
    Sassunè cuts her off and demands her to go back to bed.
       "Fine but you never believe me!" She snapped frustratingly as she stormed back to her room as Sassunè fell back asleep to her footsteps down the hall.

"Sassunè, wake up"

"Kiaru go back to sleep, I told you there aren't any monsters."
As he used all of his strength to pry his tired eyes open he noticed something. Something sitting at the foot of his bed. Sitting away from him was a pale while creature, it looked like a distorted man who'd been hit by a car or fell from a great distance and broke every bone in his body but it was no man. It's was a monster. A shock paralyzed him as it starts to turn to face him. Unable to breath nor move as this monster slowly turns its head to reveal its face.
It's eyes and mouth looked like 3 black holes ready to suck the soul right out of your body. They were so dark. So black that no light from the bright full moon could escape them. Fear overwhelms him as it starts to crawl over him. Slowly on all fours it's broken body seem to almost struggle as it made its way mere inches away from his face as if it's examining him. What did it want. What were its intentions       
        What was only a few seconds felt like an eternity until the creature runs out of his room and down the hall. He sat there still stunned until a scream snapped him back.
The only thing that went through Sassunè's mind was his sister so he through of his blanket and ran out into the hall to see his sister running out of her room from the creature. He grabs a bo and runs chasing the creature as it corners his little sister. Running as fast as he can with his hands firmly gripping the slender wooden weapon, he raises it above his head and with his eyes closed he brings the back down against the creature as hard as his ten year old body can. He feels the the wood make contact and with a crushing blow, he raises it up again and again, repeatedly beating the creature until his body was too fatigued to move. He then slumped down and opened his eyes to see the blood on his hands. The dark red liquid stained his hands as he tried to wipe it off. Relief washed over him and he smiles a little bit.
"I killed it. You're safe now kiaru, it can't hurt you any more"
As he looks up dread and fear engulfs him far worse than the monster ever did. His eyes fixed on the body of his younger sister as she laid there bloody and beaten. With only seconds to live, her tiny body twitches as her last word escapes her lips just before her last breath.

"Sassunè"

   Sassunè can only weep and sob as he holds his broken sister as her body grows ever so colder until the door opens and walks in his parents with astonishment to see they're murdered daughter in the arms of their son.