Chapter 1

Anna sat in her seat listening to her teacher mumble on about something to do with respiration. She was on her phone below the desk like she had done for most of the lessons that year. Tumblr, Facebook, anything to pass the time. The sweet sound of the bell blessed her ears but before she could leave, her professor stopped the class.

"Okay class I'm sure you've all heard but id just like to remind you that some ex-students are joining a few classes for teachers experience. They will teach classes on monday and I will carry on teaching the rest of the lessons". Great, Anna thought, someone else I need to not-pay-attention to. The class started to walk out.

"The teacher in training who is joining our class is called Joshua mason" those two words made Anna slow her walking pace. The same Joshua mason who fought her out of being mugged three summers ago? The same Joshua mason who lived across the street? the same Joshua mason who she used to have a crush on? The same Joshua mason who gave her her first kiss? The same Joshua mason who...left? For what seemed forever but now is apparently going to change.

"See everyone on monday" Anna heard professor cooper said as she walked out the class and down the hall.

She decided that it would be better to get home. 'Home' is an overstatement, more like Louis's apartment that she's temporarily moved into because she couldn't pay rent. Louis being her boyfriend and all clears the question of paying for accommodation. It wasn't her ideal situation but it was her best option. After taking the bus and walking a few blocks to get 'home' she walked up the stairs and couldn't find her keys so she knocked on the door. A very obviously high Louis opened the door.

"Forgot your keys again babe?" She always mentally cringed when he called her pet names. She liked the idea it was just when he did it that creeped her out.

"Uh yeah sorry"

"Yeah I saw them on the counter this morning but it was after you'd already left.

"Yeah thanks" Anna walked by him and went into the kitchen.

"What? No hello? No hug? No kiss?" He taunted.

"You know I hate it when you do this"

"Do what?"

"Do drugs" Anna said with a defeated look on her face.

"I'm sorry baby". Baby, there's that word again. He then snaked his arms around her waist and hummed softly into her ear.

"I've got work to do" she broke his embrace and grabbed her bag.

"What so I guess I'll sleep on the couch" Louis said jokingly.

"I guess you will" Anna smirked.

~Monday morning~

Anna walked into the classroom and purposely sat at the back. She didn't want to make eye contact with 'Mr Mason' just yet anyway. Professor cooper walked in and set her coffee down.

"Good morning class, I trust we all had a good weekend?" Her question was followed by murmurs and moans. "Now class Joshua will be here soon to teach the class and I would like you to all address him as Mr Mason please, but as for now all get out your text books and turn to page 13".

Anna got her things out and made it look like she was ready to work when In reality she was logging into tumblr beneath the desk.