Chapter 7

"Don't get too comfortable here, ight. I got some hot pockets in freezer, if y'all wanna eat some, warm me some too cause a bitch hungry," I say laying down on the couch.

"Damn..... Mirah, you loaded," Zay says looking into my fridge, grabbing a fruit with his bare hands. I immediately get up.

"Nigga, I said freezer. This why my momma don't like you being here," I say. Zay looks at me surprised. 

"Bet you're surprised," I say leaving the kitchen and going upstairs to my room. When I got upstairs, I see my door halfway open. I peak in the door and see De' Anthony looking through my phone.

"What you doing in my room?" I ask him, and in that same second he put my phone down and looked at me. I smirked at him.

"Oh, hey," De'Anthony says shyly.

"Why you going through my phone?" I ask him, walking towards my phone and picking it up.

"Why you driving to Craysville?" He asks me. I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Because I can. Why you always pressed for no reason?" I ask him. He keeps quiet for a while, then sighs.

"You seeing other people?" De'Anthony asks me with a worried look on his face.

"Yes. Yes I am," I say. He just stares at me with a sad look in his eyes, but I could care less. De'Anthony has been friend zoning me for as long as I can remember and now that I am not with this 'friends with benefits' shit, he wanna be all sad and shit. Cry me a river bitch.

I walk out of the room, leaving him there and go to my basement. I see Zay and Arie laying on each other and I smile. I wish I could have a relationship like that.

"Mirah, is that you?" Arie says look in away from the movie she was watching.

"Yeah. Anything you need?" I ask her.

"I should be asking you, creeping around here like that," Arie says getting up from Zay's grip on her waist.

"I wanna talk to you," I tell her. She nods her head. We go upstairs and go to the guest room.

"What you wanna talk about?" She asks me. I shake my head and sigh.

"Am I wrong for not putting up with Dee anymore?" I ask her.

"We all know that Dee was hurt in the past by his old ass girlfriend and now he doesn't trust nobody and believes all girls are hoes, but like damn. I've been with him this whole time and I was there to comfort you when you was crying and kicking shit. I need some appreciation. I need someone too," I say on the verge of tears. I guess when I'm constantly supportive of someone and I'm always down for them, but they don't do the same, it really bothers me.

"No. You're right. He doesn't appreciate you, so move on. I've told you before that Dee is better off single, but you keep holding on to his leg when it's clear he doesn't want to be serious. You need someone who's gon' treat you, not use you," Arie says. I nod my head at her words. She wipes my tears and I smile at her.

"It's ok. You've got Mr. Powers," she jokes.

"Yeah you right," I say jokingly, but slightly serious.