Girls Night

After two hours of riding, and talking about everything imaginable, we finally made our way back to the stables. While I dragged my saddle, saddle pad and reigns to the tack room, Easton followed close behind and leaned up against the door.

"Hey it's getting kinda late, would you maybe want to grab a bite to eat in town?"

I smiled, excited that he had even asked. "Yes I do!" I said cheery and excited. "I just have to go grab my phone first, then I'll meet you out side."

He nodded and left out the barn door and jumped in his truck and started it. I grabbed my phone off of the shelf outside Jasper's stable and turned it back on. Texts flooded in from Logan and others, but I chose to ignore everyone else and open the one from my best friend Alanna.

*Sweetie I'm sorry for what happened. Me. You. Dinner and a Movie. You need a girls night, and I'm here to give you one! My house at 7. See ya*

Ugh. I love Alanna to pieces, but why did she have to make plans right as soon as this cutie asked me to dinner?! I texted her back and told her I would meet her just as soon as I stopped home to get ready. As soon as I finished typing, I walked back out of the barn and over to his side of the truck. I leaned into the open window and he could tell there was something wrong.

"What did that asshole say to you Leighton?! He better not be leaving you any nasty voicemails or texts!"

I could see the anger in his eyes, is was sweet, and to be honest, it was pretty hot. But he had totally taken the hurt look on my face the wrong way.

"No, he didn't say anything to me, it's my bestie, she wants to go to dinner tonight and have a girls night. But you already asked me to dinner, I don't wanna bail on either of you guys." I said with a frown

"I totally understand, but maybe we could all go out?" he said with a smile

I let as small smile across my face as I thought about it. "I'd love that! But I don't want you to feel like the third wheel with us girls. Unless you wouldn't mind?"

"Well my buddy Zeke is actually up in Grants house sleeping. He wasn't feeling well after last night and needed the extra sleep. But im sure he'd be up to going for some food, if that's okay with you."

"Yes!" I said excitedly, even if he was half as sexy as Easton, he'd still be hot, and he'd be all Alanna's. "I'm sure my bestie would enjoy the presence of a couple cowboys tonight!"

He took off in his truck and headed towards the house with me not far behind. I got out of my car and followed him into Grants house and walked into the kitchen where I found him. Easton took off up the stairs and disappeared down the hall as I sat beside Grant.

"Hey there 'lil girl, didn't know ya'll were down at the barn or I would have come down to join y'all." He said as he gave me a small hug "I see that you've met my nephew Easton. He'll be staying here from now on, working for me and learning a thing or two about running a stable."

"Yes I did. He's..he's very sweet." I said shyly.

"Is that all Leighton? You seem to be at loss of your large vocabulary today, he didn't cause that did he?" Grant said with a wink.

"Oh hush Grant! You know I have a boyfriend....well I did have one..." I looked at the ground and tried to hide my tears from Grant. He knew everything about Logan and I, I didn't wanna discuss the end of my relationship with Grant of all people.