CHAPTER TWO |TRUTH|

"The truth." Dumbledore sighed. "It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should, therefore, be treated with great caution." 

- JK  Rowling, Harry Potter. 

Pain. 

           White. 

                       Hot. 

                                  Angry. 

So intense that  I couldn't open my eyes, that I couldn't find the ability to scream out as lava pooled through my veins. Everything was on fire, my veins, my skin, my teeth - everything. It felt like I was being turned inside out like my body was trying to turn in on itself. The world was spinning, violently around and around. I clenched my jaw, blood pooling in my mouth. Something was wrong, terribly wrong. I wanted to welcome death, wanted to run into its open arms. The pain was too much, too overpowering. 

Who was the weak, sick girl? 

"Phoenix?!" I heard someone say, shadow entering the room and running towards me. Christian kneeled before me, his face pale and stricken. I growled, an animalistic nature taking over me. I wanted to bite him, I wanted to sink my teeth into his neck. What was happening to me? 

I cried out, digging my fingers into my palms. "Kill me. Christian, please kill me." 

He shook his head, slipping his hands under my body and heaving me into his arms. I felt his pulse, I could hear his heart pounding in his chest, smell the sweat pooling off of him. In that state, I knew that he knew. Whatever was happening to me was his fault I could practically taste his guilt, his fear. 

"Don't. Put me down," I groaned, my head rolling back. I saw the hallways blending together, colors melding together, I saw faces of demons and monsters laughing at me. I couldn't move, I had been completely paralyzed, unable to move as Christian started to run. In the distant, I could see people coming, running towards us. I saw bullets whiz by us, bullets I knew were laced with wolfsbane. They were trying to kill us. The demons were chasing us, the demons wanted me dead. I was weak, too weak to fight, to honor my name. The heat had taken over my body, something was moving inside me, something unnatural. 

"Stop him!" someone screamed from behind us and Christian began to sprint. I wanted my mother, I needed her to help me. I was dying, I was going to die. The demons were going to get me, they were going to swallow me whole, consume me into their darkness. I had to tell my father sorry for failing him, for being weak, for feeling the emotions I had long buried. I was afraid, afraid of what was going to happen to me, what was happening to me. I was loosing my mind, the pain making me delirious, making me crazy. 

Christian hit the emergency lock, shutting in the demons on the second floor, and continued his descent down the stairs. We rounded the corner, coming to the kitchen and the door to the garage. Was he trying to kidnap me? Take me away? He placed me on the couch, grabbing a gun from the secret compartment in the cabinet. I rolled over, trying desperately to get away but to no avail. My body was no longer my own. I had no control. 

"What have you done?" A familiar voice called out, an intense emotion laced with the words. I knew that voice. Mother.  She would save me, she would stop him and everything would go back to normal. I reached out for here, trying to mouth the words but she kept her attention on Christian, her eyes narrowed to tiny slits. In my haze, her face mirrored that of the demons that were chasing us. I didn't understand what was happening to me, why I was seeing things that weren't there. Was my mother not my mother?