Chapter 19

The Room of Requirement was heavy with chatter as Anna paced around, trying to avoid conversation. She had a heavy feeling in her gut for some unknown reason...she just knew this was going to be a bad day. 

There were no lesson plans for today, considering the fact that she and Harry weren't on the best terms, and Ron kept her up all night to help him with homework...and to snog.

Speak of the ginger, she swore he had a man period. 

Honestly, the git was always agitated, especially when his girlfriend was merely within the same vicinity as her ex.

And lastly, everyone in the group had become more careless about this supposed-to-be-secret club. They talked about it in the halls, were extremely loud during practice, and -although this made her slightly proud- they gave more attitude to Umbridge by the day. She knew, though, that it was only a matter of time before the toad found out about the club...and she was definitely aware that the consequences would be severe, especially for her and Harry.

They could be killed...or worse, expelled.

As her eyes scanned the room, she silently counted attendance. Everyone was there except for a certain Ravenclaw girl. Anna's jaw clenched.

'If she's so smart and perfect, why can't she remember what time or day to come?'  thought Anna as she made her way to Harry.

Anna was beginning to wonder why Cho's absence was annoying her so much. It's not liker her and Harry were together anymore, she was with Ron after all.

A she went over, Harry was talking to Reeve, and they seemed to be in a deep discussion, glancing at the blonde every so often. As much as she wanted to eavesdrop, she decided to stand politely aside, waiting for them to finish.

"Hey, Anna!" Reeve said cheerily, giving a small wave and Harry gave a curt nod. He seemed to be in a bad mood as well.

"Hi guys...I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Well...this is more a question for Harry since it's more of his...expertise... Have you seen your little girlfriend around anywhere? She should be here," Anna taunted, still annoyed that he hadn't bothered to make a lesson plan with her; she wanted to get back at him any way that she could. 

Anna didn't know where the need to taunt him was coming from. Sure, she was annoyed about the lack of planning, but a part her Anna wondered whether this was on a personal level in regards to her and Cho. 

Harry knew exactly what she was doing, and he narrowed his bright green eyes. "My nonexistent girlfriend? Yeah, she couldn't make it today, she had better things to do, such as not existing," he said boredly, giving a sigh when Anna didn't respond. "If you're referring to Cho, she's not my girlfriend, and if she were, that wouldn't mean I would always know where she was-"

"You seem to keep close tabs on me, though, and we aren't even dating."

Harry couldn't come up with a response, and Reeve broke the tension by giving an awkward laugh, saying, "She's in my house, so I know she's been in classes today...but you're right, Anna, she really should be here."

"Or not, it's her loss. Anna's a great teacher, who wouldn't want to learn from her?" Ron said, entering himself into the conversation. The three of them were surprised by his sudden appearance.

"H...Harry's a teacher too, you know," mumbled Anna awkwardly, her eyes flicking to Harry's. His mouth twitched into a smile for a split second, happy she hadn't forgotten about him.

"True, but you're the one with real talent here-"

"Hey, Ron, maybe you should go look for Cho, it would really help us out here."