19.impossible task

I woke up on the couch the day after feeling very very exhausted. Yesterday was the most exhausting day ever. Apparently being happy do that.

But overall everything went smoothly and I was over the top by everything. It was just very good to have all my family around, Aidan and Mason's family included.

" for the love of god, young lady! Remove your leg from the coffee table, be respectful for once! "

Did I say it was very good to have all my family around?

Well, I didn't mean my grandma.

Damn, I Don't even know why she stayed? Can't a blind girl have her freedom these days.

I opened my mouth to reply before a voice interrupted
" oh, HONEY I WAS SEARCHING FOR YOU!!! " my dad's loud voice came through the door, and I grinned. He absolutely with no doubt came to save me. Or her.

" YOU WERE?! OMG WHY DIDN'T YOU SEARCH HERE? " I shouted too and I could swear I heard my grandma groan.

" I DON'T KNOW I MUST BE REALLY STUPID " he shouted still.

" ugh, there's no doubt you are. I don't even know what Jennifer saw in you " she said and stormed out.

And without no doubt I know that my dad is grinning and holding his hands out for a high-five.

I grinned " I would have gladly high fived you dear father, but I would look like a total idiot if my hands didn't hit yours "

He chuckled " it's not like you don't manage to look like an idiot just by setting there "

" oh nonsense, I always look cool " I waved him off, smiling

He snorted " yeah, and I kissed Sandra Bullock "

I gasped " Dad! I always knew you were up to something! " I said with a mock hurt on my face.

Dad burst laughing. I grinned, I really love that man

" I was always afraid my sense of humor would go to waste but looks like you inherited it, dear daughter " he said with fake authority " take good care of it, it's a treasure not so many are blessed to have " he finished putting a hand on my knee.

I bit back a snort, he sounded so ridiculous " yeah, no worries, I would crack a joke every once in a while, you know, so it won't get dusty and stuff " I said nonchalantly.

" you do that, my dear favorite daughter " he said

" I HEARD THAT " Liam shouted from god knows where.

Apparently he is offended he's not his favorite daughter..

" you're not even my daughter!! "

Liam gasped, still from god knows where " and now you're disowning me? And I thought I was loved!! " he exclaimed, noises following his words.

" ok from my very long 22 years with your brother I know he's Up to something, he's trying to muffle it with shouts " he said, his voice sounded excited. " I'm gonna go see what's up. You enjoy putting your leg on the coffe table " he said getting up and ruffling my hair.

I snorted " just don't make it clear you joined him, when you get caught by mom! " I said, he just laughed finding it useless to argue.

I sighed getting back to my very busy task.. Putting my legs on the coffee table.

" I swear your family get weirder by time " Aidan's voice said sounding highly amused.

I swear it's impossible to put my legs on the coffe table in peace in this house.

" glad you find us amusing, boyfriend " I said smiling, I swear I can't even seem to get used to it even after a month, ten days, 11 hours, and 45 minutes!

" well, you know what's more amusing? " he asked as the couch dipped where he just sat.

I turned to him smiling " enlighten me"

" you putting your legs on the coffee table while your grandmother is here " he said, his voice full of laughter.

I laughed " it was hard you know, but my patience managed to get me where I am today "

He laughed lightly dropping himself beside me putting his legs beside mine and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

I just rested my head on his chest and sighed.

And we both fell in silence.

" Aidan "

" hmm "

" do you think I should do it? " I asked closing my eyes. He was really comfortable.

" no, you should just stay blind so Mason won't have problems at poking stupid faces at you " he said sarcastically. I smiled

" yeah, I would probably break his heart if I did it "

Then silence.

" April, please do it " he said with a sigh sounding so tired that it kind of hurt.

But I smiled " of course I'll do it you,  idiot .. I'm just dreading the time when they will sew my eyes. " I shuddered. he laughed tightening his arms around me.

" yeah I bet that wouldn't look attractive " he snorted " so when is it "

" I'll be admitted tomorrow morning and the operation will be the day after. And it's obligatory for you and Mason to be there to entertain me "

" you don't have to ask, stupid "

I smiled and whatever words that came out from my mouth was swallowed  by my mom's very loud shriek.

" WHAT THE FUCK GUYS? " her voice said.

Me and Aidan snorted and stood up.

" looks like your mom found them sooner than they anticipated " he said.

I nodded

" yeah, let's get out of here before things get ugly "