Chapter 8 --- Not your ally

Nicolas POV~

I am leaning my back on the car while looking at Amaris and Rufa walking to the canteen when Rufa notice me and told Amaris. She turned and saw me. They were talking about foods.

I sigh. After a while I saw Amaris walking to me with a sandwich and a juice on her other hand. I was about to ask her what does she wants but refrain from saying it because she tried to give me the snacks.

"Take it. Rufa bought it for you." She said.

Tiningnan ko si Rufa at nginitian ko. Damn. I know he likes me. I just play along since I am bored. Parang hihimatayin sya sa pagngiti ko sa kanya.

She rolled her after seeing what I did.

"Oh." She said as she tried to give it again to me.

"Tell him, Thank you." I said.

Hindi na nya sinagot ang tinuran ko sa halip ay tumalikod na at naglakad pabalik kay Rufa. But then I can sense an evil aura lurking around. I tried to look around and saw it and is looking at Amaris.

'Vanessa.' I mumbled.

Ilang hakbang pa lang ang nahahakbang mula sa akin ay napahinto na sya.

She throw something at her. No matter how fast was it, I can still see it.

A marble hit Amaris' head. I was about to confront Vanessa but I remember what Amaris said this morning so I decided not to interfer. I drink the juice Rufa gave me instead.

'Her wish is my command afterall.'

Watching the two of them fight I know there is something wrong with Vanessa.

Hindi ko maaninag kung ano pero nakikita kong napapalibutan siya ng maitim na usok and by the looks of it, someone is controlling her.

Masyadong matapang at galit ang mga mata niya na parang mamumuhi na nasisiyahan habang nakatingin kay Amaris.

Watching from a distance, I try to study her movements.

She kicked Amaris hard. Nakita ko pang tumilapon siya sa may canteen. Pinapalibutan ng mga lalaking estudyante upang tulungan pero agad nakalapit doon si Vanessa at itinulak ang sana'y tutulong.

Nag-aalala nang pinipigil ni Rufa si Vanessa. If she didn't told me na wag makialam, malamang hindi aabot sa ganito. Mabuti na rin yung minsan makatikim naman sya ng gulpi para hindi na nya ako e take for granted.