Beginning of Something Larger

Jonathan's POV

Me and Vanoss waited at the park where we decided to meet the others. I was on a swing as Vanoss pushed me. The cold Autumn breeze hit me in the face giving me the chills.

"What are we suppose to tell them?" Vanoss asked as he pushed me harder. I didn't respond for a moment, I just let my body rise and fall on the swing. I didn't know what to tell them.

" I guess when they ask we tell them. Not like we have a choice anymore." I reply after a minute of silence.

"I guess" Vanoss replied uncertainly. I jumped off the swing and landed on the ground with ease. I turned to face him, I crossed my arms and looked at him seriously.

" Vanoss, we are going to say you are mythical thing that has chosen yourself to protect me from evils I don't even know about"

"No, you're going to tell them. I'm not a part of this"

"VANOSS DON'T YOU -" poof, the owl pendent was lying on the ground where Vanoss stood. What an asshole. All I could do is glare at it. I picked it up and put around my neck. I saw my friends from down the street. I gave them a short wave hello.

"Hey Jonathan! Where's Evan?" Craig, my short, brown haired and amber eyed friend asked, you could hear his British and some other accent In his voice. Beside him was Tyler, our giant, brown hair green eyed friend that had a nasty temper and loved flannel, then behind Tyler stood Nogla, Brian, and Lui.

"Um he is here." I said nervously as I held out the pendent and shook it. Damn Vanoss, atleast tell me how to summon you or whatever. I could almost hear him laughing in his little nest.

"Ha ha ha John, seriously where is Evan? Or should we call him Vanoss? Brian said. I glared at the pendent. Now my friends think I'm crazy. Well, more crazy anyway. 

I got an idea. A very stupid one but an idea that I hope works. I started to climb a tree that was near the swing. By the time I was done climbing I was a good 20-30 feet up. My friends were small, even Nogla and Tyler which is saying a lot.

"Come down Jonathan! That's dangerous!" Tyler shot. Well duh, that's the point of this.

" Vanoss! Come save me you dick!" I yelled and fell off the tree. I heard everyone yell as I fell. Wind was rushing around me as time seemed to slow. I saw the pendent glow a bright red. Soon I felt a strong arm around me.

I was afraid to look. Did I mention height aren't my favorite? I gulped and slowly opened my eyes to see my face a foot away from the ground. My friends were staring above me with wide eyes. I look up and see Vanoss dangling with one hand on a branch.

"Talk about close calls. You could of told me how to summon you but nooooooooo you had to be difficult." I pouted and Vanoss dropped me. I got a face full of dirt. And my friends all got over their shock and laughed.

"Nice Evan."

"Actually my hand slipped but thank you? And you guys can call me whatever you like, it doesnt matter to me." Probably not the best thing to say to these guys. They get dangerous with their disgusting creative skills.

"Okay Dick, let's get going " Tyler laughed and Vanoss gave him a glare, realising his mistake of saying to call him whatever.