Prologue

Once upon a time in a peaceful kingdom, there lived a young king and queen called Tom and Sabine who lacked but one blessing. A child to share their love with, then one happy day the good lord in heaven granted their wish and the queen became with child.

 A child to share their love with, then one happy day the good lord in heaven granted their wish and the queen became with child

One winter's night as she sat by her open window sewing a little blanket for her baby, she pricked her finger on the needle. Three drops of blood fell upon the snow of her window sill. She noticed how lovely the red and white colors looked together and how beautiful the night sky was. She also noticed the blue belle flower she had embroidered on to the little pink blanket. Seeing such beauty she began to think.

"If only the child I were about to bring into this world had pretty blue belle eyes, lips red as blood, hair dark as night, and skin white as snow then I would be the happiest woman in the entire kingdom." She sighed.

Then one day Queen Sabine gave birth to a daughter with pretty blue belle eyes, lips red as blood, hair dark as night, and skin white as snow. The kingdom cheered at how lovely the newborn princess was but unfortunately the birth had been great struggle on the queen and she had such a weak heart that it would soon be time to say goodbye.

"My love." Tom said kneeling at the bedside of his wife.

"Tom." She breathed. "Our little one?"

"She's perfectly healthy and the kingdom loves her already."

She gently placed her hand over his.

"I'm dying."

"No." He said tearfully.

"She will need a mother." She said weakly. "You must remarry. Please, I know it will be hard but you must for our child."

"I...I will try." He sobbed.

She turned to the servants. "Let me see her."

The nurse walked in carrying a pink bundle and placed it in Sabine's arms. She pulled back the blanket to reveal a tiny baby girl with short dark hair, sleeping soundly in her mother's arms. Sabine smiled weakly and planted a kiss on her daughter's soft head.

 Sabine smiled weakly and planted a kiss on her daughter's soft head