Chapter 10

Today was the day, the day my mom is getting married for the second time in her life. "Paige please get up, I want you to be ready by 5!" my mom screamed at me through the door. I slipped out of my bed and walked across the hall into the bathroom, running into Damian. "Oh hi Paige........" he said while he rubbed the back of his neck. "Hi Damian, you know it doesn't have to be awkward between us just because I had a breakdown. I'm fine now." I said giving him a small smile. "well.... ok" he said while walking out of the bathroom into his room. I shut the door and brushed my hair and then got into the shower washing my body. I got out of the shower putting a towel around my body and going to my room. I picked my outfit for the day (well until the wedding at least) and put it on. I decided on wearing my favorite peach colored flowy crop top and my high-waisted black skinny jeans. I walked into the bathroom again and began to blow dry my hair. 

I finished blow drying my hair and started my makeup. I decided on a smoky eye and a nude colored lipstick. I walked out of the bathroom and went into my room to grab my phone. I walked out of my room and went down the steps to make lunch for myself since I woke up late. I was making toast, I put the bread into the toaster and grabbed the butter from the fridge. I heard footsteps coming down the steps so I turned around, it was just Damian. I turned around again to focus on my toast when Damian's outfit caught my eye. I turned around once more to get a good look at him, he was wearing a white button up shirt tucked into black dress pants. I know it's typical for boys to wear that type of stuff, but damn, doesn't he look good. I quickly turned around so he wouldn't notice that I was staring at him. "oh, thanks for the toast" Damian said taking the toast from my hand and kissing my cheek. "Damian Phillips!" I screamed at him, wiping my cheek off before chasing after him. "Damian come back now and give me my toast" I screamed after him. "Too late, I already ate it" he said showing me his empty hands. "oh you a**hole-" "Paige! language." my mom yelled at me. "sorry" I yelled back, glaring at Damian. "ugggggh fine" I said walking to the kitchen to make myself some more toast. 

I heard some more footsteps coming down the stairs again, so I turned around to look. it was my mom looking beautiful. "Paige where is your dress?" she asked fretting." it's in my closet, don't worry, I was hungry and didn't want food all over it and the wedding is still about 2 hours away." "I know, I know I'm just stressed right now" she said, letting out a long sigh. "yeah I know but it will be fine mom" I said trying to comfort her. I grabbed my toast and checked my phone, I had a text from an unknown number.

unknown: hey cutie, thanks for giving me ur #

Weird, I never gave a person my number. The person must've given the wrong number out.

me: hey sorry to tell this to u, but the person that gave you her/ his # gave u the wrong #

I sent out, I felt sorry for the poor person, he/ she must've gotten lied to. Just then I got another text from the same number.

unknown: oh d*** that sucks, r u a girl

'That's not creepy at all' I thought to myself, rolling my eyes.

 me: yeah, y do u wanna know

unknown: do u mind if I just have ur # instead

I don't even know this guy, y would I let him keep my number

me: idk, I don't even know u

unknown: that's y we get to know each other :)

I was about to text him back but someone pulled my phone away from me. "hey, give me my phone back." I screamed in Damian's face, of course it would be Damian to take me phone away from me. "I would, but your mom's been trying to get your attention for the past 5  minutes." he said smirking. "what do you want mom?" "I was saying you might want to start getting changed, we leave in an hour and 30 minutes." she said sound rushed. "oh sorry, I'll get ready now." I said bolting up the stairs. I ran into my room and went into my closet and grabbed my dress and put it on my bed. I got out of my other clothes and put on my dress. 'why is this dang thing so hard to zip, I had no trouble before'I thought nut then it hit me that Damian helped me last time. "mom! can you come here" I yelled down the stairs. "yeah, just a minute". A minute later I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "your mom sent me, what do you want" Damian said barging into my room. 'ugh, why is he the one to always help me in this situation' "I need help zipping this up" I said clenching my teeth. I heard footsteps coming up behind me and then I felt his hands on my back. I tried so hard to hold back the shivers that he gives me every time he touches me.