Prologue

"Hello," she called out to the darkness. The only sound was that of the crickets chirping and distant wolves. Following the path lit by only the moon, she found her way to a small cave.

    Entering it she called again,"Hello?" With droopy eyes, she fell on the ground at the entrance of the cave.

~~~~~

    The following morning she awoke and wasn't in the cave or anywhere near it in fact.
    She was moving, her eyes still adjusting to the daylight, but she could tell she was moving.           Under her was something with soft fur. She moaned a tired moan and lifted her head. Doing so she saw what was carrying her, it was a wolf.

    Allyce, being only 6 years old, found it scary yet fascinating. She jumped off the back of the grey wolf, landing on the ground. Allyce was left there by her parents a few days before and was "surviving" on her own. She was hungry, thirsty, and tired. The child had been trying to find her way out of the woods for three days, on her own.

    The wolf walked a few steps without realizing she fell. Once it realized, it turned to look at her, revealing golden eyes with a tiny bit of black. Allyce stood up, pushed her white hair out of her face to show her bright, pale blue eyes.
    She had the urge to scream and run, but she didn't. Allyce stood there, in shock that the wolf had managed to get her on its back.
    She didn't know what to do. Allyce had seen things that scared her more than this. This, this just surprised her. At her home, she had seen her mother get beaten by her dad. Her dad would yell for no reason and hurt her and her mom. Allyce understood why her mother left her here; she didn't want Allyce to get hurt by her father.
    Her mom knew Allyce was smart- smarter than most kids her age, she was... special.
    Before she could react the wolf was right in front of Allyce. She saw the wolf as a big, "scary" dog, so her first instinct was to reach her hand out.

------------
   A/N: This is the first chapter to a story I've wanted to write for a while now, I don't know how much I will be able to update this due to school and other activities I have going on, but if you're interested there is a Percy Jackson fanfic on my account and it has 13 parts and I am still in the process of writing that one as well.
     I will do my best to update both as often as I can, but until then, BUY-A