🕰One🕰

With a faded ribbon holding up her hair in a ponytail, Jeon Somi looked at her reflection. She was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt that had a small symbol of two hands shaking each other in the left breast pocket, and the word 'VOLUNTEER' across her back. Yep, she was ready for another day of volunteering and helping out her community. After all, it was her favorite thing to do!

Not.

Somi despised volunteering. She doesn't even know why she joined the stupid Volunteer Club at school, aside for the fact that her upperclassman, Hansol, was also in the club. And she just had to join it, making up an excuse that she wanted to be closer to one of the other girls in the club, Kyla. Kyla was close to Hansol, so anybody with a bright mind knew Somi's intentions of being there. Even Kyla herself knew.

"Somi, you have no chance with him," Kyla told her one time.

Somi had pouted, not liking Kyla's negativity. "Why not? Is it because you want him all to yourself, you sleezeball--"

"What? No! It's because he has a girlfriend, you idiot!"

Him having a girlfriend made things a lot more complicated, but Somi was determined to win Hansol's heart in the end. Because Jeon Somi never gives up.

Even though she feels like giving up today, because she doesn't feel like going to an orphanage. Why does she need to volunteer at an orphanage? There were so many kids, and Somi thinks they'll just be depressed for not having parents. They'll just hate the volunteers and cause them to go home.

Regardless, she sat in the front seat as her dad drove her to the place, eating ice cream. They passed a lot of trees, so she figured they were going to the outskirts of the city. Weird.

"Make sure you're safe," Matthew told her in English, "and to stay by the adults. I don't want you wandering around here and getting lost."

Somi feigned being hurt. "Do you not trust me, Dad?"

"I do, it's just...I want you to be safe."

"Well, you'll always have another daughter if something happens to me," Somi joked, licking her cone.

The stern look from her father made her roll her eyes. "It was a joke."

"It better be. Oh, here we are. Looks like a mansion you see in horror movies."

They emerged from around the curb and began driving down a long pathway, heading towards the huge mansion in the distance. Somi had a bad feeling about it. There was something mysterious and not-right about the place. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she didn't like it.

"Who else were going to be here, you said?" Her dad asked, glancing at her.

"Um, Kyla, Jieqiong, and Hansol is all I know."

"Hansol?"

"Er, we call him 'Vernon'."

"Ah. He's a nice kid. I like him."

Somi nodded, interpreting it as a pre-acceptance of their marriage in the future.

"AHHHHH!"

Something jumped out in front of them, causing Somi's dad to slam on brakes. She jerked forward, slamming her ice cream into the dashboard. But she couldn't care less about it as she looked up at the girl in front of her.

She was short, with short hair disheveled. Her eyes looked as if they were rolled into the back of her head, and she wore a school uniform.

"She must be one of the girls at the orphanage," her dad muttered, squinting his eyes to get a closer look. "Maybe she forgot how to get back. Stay in here."