A/N

5/2017

A few people have asked me to update soon, which I promise I will do! I'm hoping to have the final chapters up before next week Sunday, so look forward to it. I've already got a headstart on Perseverance, so stay tuned!

Here's a quick sneak peak:

Hello. I'm Tim Innae. Exactly five years after the young ballerina, Laura Akera, had gone missing, presumably because she was pushed to jump down to the Underground, I "fell" down. I had done it entirely on purpose though. I was extremely curious. I had been blessed with a school trip to mount Ebott to learn about monsters.

The government had taken precautions and decided to teach the children in elementary schools about all the horrors of Underground and its inhabitants. They weren't half as bad though. Most of them weren't, at least.

I don't know why they found it a good idea to take us to Mt. Ebott, but sometimes it's best not to ask any questions. I had been at the top of my class for several years, and given I was "already" eleven at the time, that was quite the achievement for me. For some vague reason, I was allowed to study the actual mountain without any supervision. They expected me not to do anything stupid. Bad idea.

There was a small museum in the village at the mountain's foot, but I had visited that museum at least twenty times in my life. My mother even claimed I lived in that small museum. It would've been unfair if I had to go to the museum for the twenty-first time, so I arranged that I could hike around Mt. Ebott alone to "study" it while my classmates went to the museum to learn the theoretical part about monsters.

Apparently, nobody realised that I was going to jump down. I still laugh at that fact. The monster-obsessed eleven-year-old boy was on a school trip to Mt. Ebott, and was only a heartbeat away from the the Underground, and nobody figured I would jump down because apparently I'd die if I did. Funny how I didn't die because of the fall.

~~~

With my notebook clutched against my chest, I jumped down. As the legend said, people who fell down would never return. Most people assumed it was because you'd die right when you fell down into the abyss, or when you hit the ground, if there even was a ground to hit yourself on. I wanted to know exactly what happened while falling down, therefore I forced my body to keep my eyes open, even when I hit the ground. Well, ground? I landed in a bed of buttercups. Just as the legends said. I opened my notebook and went through my checklist.