CHFILWY: Five

The hot friday afternoon made Aga decide to take a dip on the pool. Lea agreed and offered that she'll cook merienda for them. It's been awhile since Aga last tasted a carbonara, so he requested it. Lea, known to be a pasta monster, liked the idea and cooked it immediately.

Aga changed into his swimming attire which is a bit uncomfortable for him because the trunks and rash guard were really fit. He trudged his way into the indoor pool. He sat on the beach chair and petted Brando who was lying on the cold-tiled floor.

Lea removed her apron and settled the cooked Carbonara on a bowl. She placed it on a tray together with the untensils. She called Jassy and they went into the pool.

Aga smiled like a child who was given stars by his teacher upon seeing the Carbonara. "Hm...this really looks so delicious, Lei." He stood up and helped her arrange it on the table.

Lea giggled and picked up Jassy then put her on the other beach chair. "Yeah. It makes me hungry already." She pouted and reached for the book she has been reading since this morning and closed it.

Aga smiled and went near her. He held her cheeks and squished it. "Hm...ang cute mo, Pot. Are you sure you don't want to swim?" He asked.

She looked up and showed him the book. "Need to finish this, Pot. Kayo na lang ni Brando at Jassy mag-swim." She pushed her eyeglasses back up because it's sliding off of the bridge of her nose.

He smiled and removed her eyeglasses. "Enough reading. Yang mata mo nagiging apat na." He chuckled. He snatched the book from her and placed it on the table. "Time to relax, Pot. Tsaka you're squinting your eyes na kasi simula kanina ka pa nagbabasa. Rest your eyes muna."

"Pot...last 2 chapters na lang yun. I really need to finish reading it." She insisted and rubbed her eyes. "Hindi pa naman masakit eh."

"Hindi masakit but you're rubbing it kasi naluluha ka na?" He pulled her to let her sit on the chair. He served Carbonara for her. "Hihintayin mo pa bang masaktan ka bago ka tumigil?" He asked.

She laughed. "Woah. Wait." She poked his waist. "Are we still talking about my eyes? Or are we talking about something deeper?"

He sighed and poured lemon juice on her glass.

She looked at him suspiciously. "Is there something bothering you, Pot?"

He sat down and rested his chin on his knuckles. "I...don't know if you want to hear this, Pot. I guess.."

Ara. The same person they've been talking about since day 1. As much as she's sick and tired of hearing all the things he blabs about her, she's a friend and she has to listen to her guy bestfriend's problem. No choice. She thought.

"Spill the beans, Mister. I'm ready to listen." She started eating her Carbonara.

"Finally, I contacted her. We talked...yesterday over the phone."

"And...?"

Tears fell from his eyes.

"Oh boy. Oh boy." She whispered and stood up to sit beside him. "Pot please, don't cry. It makes me feel like I want to puke or what. You look like a chubby duck when you're crying." She jested.