you live next door to each other and have adjacent windows

Luke: I sat on my bed facing my window waiting for Luke to get home after band practice. I had been bored all day since my friends ditched me and I sat along reading all day. I saw his car pull in the driveway and I saw the lights coming on as he went through the house. I saw him pop up in his room and walk over to the window.

"Why do you look so sad?" He asks as he opens the window.

"All my friends ditched me for some stupid party." I say sourly.

"Well then climb over! We can do a throwback to our old Friday night movie nights." He says and gestures for me to climb into his room.

"You sure? I saw you on the invite list to the party too!"

"No, I’m not into that whole party thing. I’d rather just have a Netflix marathon." I know that he actually did want to go to the party and that made this made me even happier as I climbed over.

Ashton: It had been another terrible day of my parents yelling at me and I couldn’t stop crying. I lied down on my bed and tried zoning out of all the noise and commotion in my house. I heard something hitting my window and got up to go look and see Ashton already with his window open, him propped up against the window frame.

"I heard yelling, you okay?" He asked sweetly. We had had adjacent windows for our entire lives and we had become very close because of it. When one of us couldn’t sleep we would just knock on the window and hang out or if one of us was having a shitty day we would always just talk for a while. It was nice to always have his friendly face through the window, knowing he was always there.

"I’m good, just been a long day."

Calum: "Babe." I heard someone saying at my window and walked over to see Calum hanging out of his adjacent window.

"Good morning to you too." I say and he laughs.

"Happy 365 days." He says and I feel a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"Can’t believe I’ve had to put up with you for a whole year." I say jokingly.

"After living next to your for the past 16 years you think I would grow used to this, just thought that maybe our anniversary would bring out the nice side of you." He says as he clambers across his roof and jumps into my room.

"I’m kidding, happy anniversary Cal. I love you." I say and he smiles before pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

Michael: I climbed out of my window and carefully stepped onto the porch roof under Michael’s window. I knocked 4 times, our usual knock before he swiftly opened the window and invited me in. We had been doing this for about 2 years now. We had been best friends since I moved into the house next to his and 2 years ago we made it a friends with benefits situation, where we would hop over and knock on the window and that was that. He helped me into his room and quickly pulled me into a hug.

"I didn’t think you were ever coming! You are 30 minutes late." He says jokingly.

"Sorry, wanted to make sure my parents were asleep before I technically snuck out of my room."

"Well I’m glad you came." He says and quickly kisses me pushing me towards the bed.

Tumblr <3