Tears

Once we got home, I started making dinner because it was getting close to 5. I pulled some hamburger out of the freezer and put it onto the pan. I heard Tate clear his throat.

"Emma we need to talk." He said in a serious voice.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I think we need to take a break.."

I set down my spatula, and looked him straight in the eyes. "D-don't do this to me Tate....."

"Emma I'm sorry. It's just a little break until we get things figured out."

Tears formed in my eyes and one little drop fell and hit the counter. "Get out." I responded quickly.

"Emma don't be like that." He tried coming over to me but I put out my hands. "I said, get out."

His eyes turned a darker black and I could see the hurt and anger in him.

"FINE. IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT. I'LL JUST LEAVE." He stomps out of the kitchen and walks out the door, making sure to slam it on his way out.

I sat down at the table and started crying.

He left me while I was at my weakest.

I need him.

I need us. I can't live without him, and if I end up seeing him with another girl......I don't know how I'm going to take it. I don't want this. I never wanted this. All I wanted was for us to have a better relationship. And I ruined it. I ruined it all. I ruined all the good chances we had together. Our future, and now all I have left as memories. Because....I don't think he's coming back. The seriousness in his voice and just the way he looked at me. It's like he had no desire to ever see my face again.

I love him. And I always will. But I don't think he'll feel the same way ever again.

What we had was history. Now all I can do, is continue living my life......without.....Tate.

I shivered and the should of his name floating through my head. I didn't even want to hear it, because just the name made me want it burst into tears. His could he do this? I mean....I don't know what I did wrong. We seemed perfect just the night before. And now suddenly he wants a break?

This wasn't okay. Maybe there was another girl.....

I'm done. I don't want to live.

But what if it's all just a big mistake?

I called my sister and asked her to come over, in case I did something stupid.

"Of course I'm coming over. I'm on my way. Chocolate or vanilla?"

"Chocolate." I say as my voice starts to crack again.

"Shh. Don't cry princess. I'm on my way."

I hang up the phone and lay on the couch, snuggled in a blanket."

I was done. I just wanted to die. But then I got a text message.