Present day lives

Jazmine's PoV
Today was a normal day like any other. I woke up extra early and made myself breakfast.

"Good morning Ms. Jazmine." Geoffrey greeted.
"Hey Geoffrey," I greeted back.
"I can make that for you, if you'd like." He suggested.
"No thank you, I can manage on my own." I said; trying to build a tuna sandwich.
"You have grown up from that girl who didn't know anything about food to this young lady who wants to make stuff herself. I am proud of you Ms. Jazmine." Geoffrey voiced.
"Thanks Geoffrey." I said; finishing breakfast. "All done."

I got ready and my sister did the same and we were out through the door and off to school. When we arrived at school, we were greeted by familiar faces. Kayra, Jakaira, Jessica and Eric were waiting for us.

"Morning Martinez sisters." Jessica greeted.
"Morning everyone." We said; getting out the limo.
"Morning beautiful." Eric said; holding out his hand to Jamie.
"Hi handsome." She replied; taking his hand. "See you all later."
"Bye Jaime." We said as she and Eric walked away.

"Jazmine, can I ask you to do me a favor?" Jakaira asked.
"Sure, what is it?" I asked.
"I have to take care of my little sister, can you help me out this evening?" She asked.
"Sure, I'll bring Jerry over to make it easier." I responded.
"You do know that they don't get along right?" Kayra asked.
"She has a point." Jessica agreed.

I smiled and hugged them.

"Just trust me." I said before I released them from my embrace.

I walked away and headed towards the entrance door to the corridors.

"Later guys." I said while walking through the doors of the school.

While walking, James, who was distracted by his friend walked into me from the side.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. "Try and watch where you're walking James."
"You should take your own advice." He argued.
"You always feel you're right." I retorted.
"So do you!" He said repulsively.
"This is why our little relationship failed! You always want to turn the wheel on me but you don't see what you're doing!" I exclaimed. "Good bye James."

I then stormed off; still heading down the corridors waiting for the bell to ring.

"Well well well, if it isn't Jazmine Martinez." Said Ester Randell.

Ester was the Leader of the school cheerleading squad. She was one of the mean girls of High School. She was basically one of the two high school versions of Brianna Midhale.

"Well well well, if it isn't the attention freak." I replied while walking away.

"Well this attention freak is dating James Patrick!" She exclaimed; trying to rub the fact that she's dating my ex boyfriend.

"I seriously have no time for this." I said as I continued to walk.

As I walked pass the lockers outside my classroom, the bell rang for the start of school.

At lunch, I rendezvoused with my circle in the new library. Eric and Jamie were kissing, Kayra and Jakaira were reading and I was talking to Jessica.

"Your brother is an idiot." I told Jessica.
"Yeah I know. He's changed so much." She agreed.
"He is who he is." I replied.
"I don't know what he sees in that snobby brat Ester." She stated.
"Well she's a cheerleader; not just a cheerleader but the leader of them." I explained.
"I'm sorry about him." She apologized on behalf of him and this experience.
"It's quite alright actually." I said; smiling gently.

Jamie's PoV

After the bell rang for the end of lunch, I hugged my sister and the others in the group.

"I'll see you all after school." I said as we didn't share any classes that evening.

"I'll escort you to class." Eric said.
"Thank you but today I want to just walk with Jazmine." I said sweetly.
"Alright, that can work too. I'll just see you after school then." He replied.

Jazmine got up from where she sat and accompanied me to class. On our way there, we were met by Charmaine Slocombe.

"If it isn't the Russian duo." She said. "I see you two are still in my school."

"Listen up Charmander girl, just cause you think you are cool, doesn't mean you are." I said boldly.
"You're way out of line, I'm going to..." she started.
"What? Call your father?" Jazmine interrupted.
"You know the difference between you and Brianna? Brianna didn't wait on her father or even called him for her to do what she wanted. She did what she wanted, when she wanted, all because she wanted to." I said with a smile on my face.

Charmaine Slocombe was the daughter of the Principal of this school. The best thing about this one was, her father was a fair man. He didn't let her get her own way in this school. Even she couldn't be beyond the border of rules.

"It's a pity Brianna dropped out of school, otherwise maybe, she could have showed you how it's really done." Jazmine said as we walked past the principal's daughter.

After a year, Brianna's grades dwindled until she dropped out of school.

"What's with principal's daughters not liking us Jazzy?" I asked.
"Well, I don't know for certain but I believe they feel threatened by the fact that we're rich and that's not good for their social publicity at school." She explained.

After I got to my next class, I said good bye to Jazzy and prepared for the teacher's arrival. The evening classes were pretty enjoyable and interesting.

"Jamie, can you sing for the school concert?" My music teacher asked as she saw me and Jazmine as we were about to get in the limo.

"Sure thing ma'am, when does rehearsals begin?" I asked.

"Tomorrow after school." She said.

"Understood, I'll be there." I said as I sat in the limo and Frank drove off.

"Looks like we're both in the concert." I said happily.
"Looks like it. Maybe at rehearsal tomorrow we can ask for a duet." Jazmine replied.