Chapter 5

The week goes by really slow and finally it is Friday. I like every teacher but I'm not quite sure about Mr. Jones. I see a lot of familiar faces and some of them are the new foreign exchange students that we get every year. I only really thought one of them were cute and lucky for me he is in my English class and his accent is so cute. His name is Leon. He is from Australia and is 17. He has short brown hair with baby blue eyes. He is pretty well built considering he does sports all year round. We talked but it was only a conversation about the homework and him asking me how to pronouns words right.

"So what are your plans for the weekend" Leon asks me while i take my seat in the back of my 7th period class.

"Nothing much" I wonder if he is going to the party or even if he is that kind of person. My mouth speaks my thoughts out loud and i mental slap myself afterwards"But are you going to Josh's party tonight?" i ask

He smiles and says "No i wasnt planning on it but are you?"

"No thats not really my kinda scene. You know at a party."i say

"Me either but since we both dont have plans we should hang out tonight. You could show me around town considering ive only been here for a week now"

"Um yeah i think i could arrange that" i say and he starts laughing

"Ok well if you have time in your schedule then you should text me"

"With what number?" and the same time i say that he is writing his name and a number on a piece of ripped paper. After he is finished he hands me the strip of paper. I would usually pat myself on the back for getting someones number but we are more friends then anything.

....

"So i cant hang out tonight guys. Sorry i know we always hang out on Fridays but i made plans with Luke for a date night" says Zoie

"Its so cute that you guys have been together for so long and you guys still go on date nights" i say smiling to Zoie.

"Ugh well fuck our usual plans are ruined" Brooke says jokingly, "Since Zoie is ditching us what are we going to do tonight?" she says turning to me.

"Well im-"

"OMG no i already know what we are doing!" she basically squeals, "Josh's party!"

"Um yeah i think i will pass i dont really want to go out tonight" i say

"Fine then ill just go by myself" she says blatantly and i applaud her for her courage of not caring what others think of her and not being afraid of being alone. 

"Maddie if you need a ride home we have to leave now, i need to get home" i hear my brother trevor yell from the car door not even 100 ft away from us. 

I turn around and dangle the my new key-chain in the air.

"Oh i for sure thought you failed your drivers test today" he smirks and drives off

I let out a sigh i didnt know i was folding in

"Oh congrats! So does that mean you are going to be the DD for tonight" Brooke says smiling. I laugh at her.

"No! i am not going to drive drunk people home"

She sighs "Not even me?"

"Ok only you though because i dont want you getting a ride from some dumb drunk person who thinks they are ok to drive"

She only half smile knowing that i am thinking of my moms passing

"Ok"