Prologue

At the end of every year or even at the end of every extraordinary event, one wonders how time could pass by that fast. One reminisces about what it had been like the year before. I was no different. Through all the past years, the older I'd grown, the more I noticed that time was a precious thing. I found myself thinking several times that I should appreciate every single day, but it was easier said than done. All the things that had to be done every week or even every day made it impossible for me to enjoy the great things in life. I couldn't savor the moment, as long as I had other things in mind. You too will find that, while you're busy with tasks for school or for work or anything else, you'll forget to be happy about the little things in life that you've already achieved. Always bothering with the future, people sometimes forget what good things they had in the past. But there are also the ones who only live in the past and don't care about the future, the ones who complain about not being able to go back to where they once were. Well, I assume I wouldn't be either of those people. I'm constantly trying to find a balance between the time I focus on the future and the time I reminisce about the past.
Funny thing is, I had thought about these things even before I had a rather unbelievable encounter. I'm still not sure whether it was all a dream or if it was reality. After that incident, I was more aware of every day of my life than ever. But instead of confusing you further, I should be telling you everything from the very beginning. My name is Laura. And this is my story.