Chapter One

I was about to run down a lead on a shapeshifter case I was working in Illinois when I heard the familiar rumble of that infamous car. I turned around to see the Impala rolling up to my motel room, and I instantly had some vulgar words run through my head. Dean parked the car right in front of me and got out of the car while I waited for him to yell at me.

"CLAIRE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING STILL HUNTING?" Dean yelled.

"I'm not hunting, I'm sightseeing. Illinois is lovely this time of year," I said with a smile.

"Claire so help me if you don't go home right now I'll-" Dean started but I cut him off.

"You'll what Dean? Tell Jody? She knows I'm here and that this is what I want to do. She supports me, so why can't you?" I said giving him the puppy dog eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, you're not ready. You became a god dam werewolf last time don't you remember?" Dean said getting more and more frustrated.

"Yeah I remember, it happened to me not you. My life remember?" I said getting slightly annoyed at him.

"Claire we are just worried," Sam said before Dean got any angrier.

"Well that sucks for you doesn't it? Now if you'll excuse me," I said walking away, but before I got far Dean grabbed my arm.

"Don't talk to us like that young lady," he said glaring at me.

"Why not? You're not my father, he's dead, you're not my mother, she's dead, and you sure as hell aren't Cas, because he actually cares," I said pulling my arm back and walking away.

"THE HELL YOU MEAN WE DON'T CARE?!?" Dean yelled after me.

"You two are more concerned with each other than all of the people who you put targets on because you associate with them. How many of your friends have died trying to help you, because you cared about them?" I said turning around, and they were silent.

"Exactly, now how many times have you two died, and have done anything to get each other back?" I said, again met with silence.

"You two like to convince yourselves that you care about me, but really you just feel like shit because you're part of the reason my life sucks," I said, and with that, I drove away to investigate my case further, hoping that they would leave me alone.