Got Time

It's hard to believe this cell has been my home for the past 15 years. I'll be out soon, I'll get to see my family again. After a few years they stopped sending letters. I got birthday cards and pictures of family events every now and then. Pictures of cookouts and family meals, one thing i could never do is compare prison food with my mothers home cooked meals. Oh how i wish i was eating some of her food right now.
"Aye hector.. what you thinkin bout homie"
"Just this and that, been a long day today Carlos; how'd you know i was thinkin?"
"Because you were makin a weird ass face and then smiled." Said Carlos. "You thinkin about food again aint you fatass?"
"Why you assume that?" I asked laughing. "Because you're a fatass homie!". We both bursted into laughter.
"Yo Hector.." he said.
"Yea homie?" I replied.
"You leavin this week man.. you happy to get out?" Carlos asked. "Happy to be away from your crazy ass!" We both bursted into laughter once again. "Nah man, to be honest, i consider some of you guys family in here. I been here 15 years homie. I seen people come in and out. I've seen people given a chance of freedom, and their dumbasses still back in here again. Yea I'm happy to get out. I get to see my family, my old friends. I'll be with Rosa again and with...." "Rosa? Who's that? Your girl?" Carlos questioned. "You can say that," i said while laughing, "Rosa is my 67 Impala, my Lowrider. If you didn't interrupt me with questions, you would know that Rosa is with my girl, Sophia."
"Ohhhh my bad homie. Wait, i been your cell mate for 3 years now, Why am i just finding this out?" Carlos questioned. "You never asked fool!" I said laughing.
"Maaaannn get outta here!" Carlos said laughing.
"HEY! KEEP IT DOWN OVER THERE!" Yelled one of the night gaurds. "BLOW ME ESE!" Carlos yelled back. "Shut up fool, don't be stupid!" I said to Carlos. "Man his lazy ass aint gonna do nothin. You know these pigs dont care, they just here for a paycheck." He replied. "Anyways man, your car, your girl, what else i get to know?"
"What you wanna know?" I replied to him.
"What landed you in here homie? You too smart to be in here."
"I wouldn't say smart considering that I'm in here." I replied.
"You know what i meant homie. You're intelligent. You're respectful to everyone here. I just don't see how you landed 15 years in this shit-hole." He said.
"It's a long story homie." I replied softly.
"Look at me man, i got nothin but time." He said smiling
I chuckled. "Nothin but time eh, well alright man.. I was 17 years old.."
"How you get locked up at 17 fool?" Carlos interrupted.
"You gonna let me tell you the story or not man?"
"Oh yea my bad homie, keep going. I'll be quite." He said chuckling.
"I was 17 years old..."