Chapter 2

About six hours later, I hear scuffleling outside the door. The door creaks open and a strange man walks in.

"Hey, get up, I'm Mr. Satazar, your going to do some testing."

I stand up and walk over to him cautiously. He grabs my arm, and puts a burlap sack over my head. Then he guides me up three flights of stair and through two door before he says, "Were here."

He removes the sack, and I look around the room. Its very plain, all white walls and tiles, and only a single chair is in the middle of the room with a machine of some sort hooked up to it.

Jacob enters the room and motions me to sit in the chair. I walk over and sit in it.

"Give me your arm," Jacob demanded. He grabs my arm and shoves a needle in it. The world goes dark again.

I am standing in a desert, before me is a dead bird, a crow. I feel like someone is watching me, I turn around and I see my little brother Malachi. He was eleven years old when he died. I was fifteen, I'm twenty now. He and I were walking home from school when it happened. I was about to walk across the street when a car came. He yelled my name then pushed me out of the way of the car so that he could take the full impact. I don't know why he did it. I should of died, not him. So now I sand in front of him. What is he doing here?

" Johonna, this crow is me. I sacrificed my life for yours, I want you not to blame yourself for my death, that was my decision. I loved you to much to watch you die, so I took my life, so that you could live. Live your life not in sorrow, but in happyness. I want you to find someone to share your life with, someone who makes you happy. And when you find that person, don't let them go hold on to them, don't let them slip away. Promise me this, and promise me, no matter what, you must be brave."

Tears well in my eyes,"I promise," I say. I grasp his hand, I hold it close one last time, before he slips away.