21: Transparency

Ariel: oh. Killua.

Killua hears  voice calling from behind and turns around " oh. Ariel. "

Ariel: help me.

He takes over the groceries in her hands.

Ariel: thanks. It's ok right? For me to call you killua.

Killua: um.

Killua:  so many things. Aren't you afraid of getting hurt?

Ariel: ah. Gon must have told you guys.

Killua: yea.

Ariel: no choice. Retz is really lazy. I've to do these myself.

Killua: I thought you could contract companies or something.

Ariel: well... These are for me. My house. I really like baking.

Killua: you stay with retz?

Ariel: he stays with me. In different rooms of course. He's lazy and cheap.

Killua laughs a little " I see. "

Ariel: that necklace...

Killua: ah. It's a couple memoir.

Ariel: eh~~ what is hanging on it?

Killua: chocolate.

Ariel: eh~~ so like Zen neh. She always ask for cakes when she comes over.

Killua: she really like sweets.

Ariel: um. Deh. What is killua's impression of Zen?

Killua: eh?

Ariel: to me... In my memory... Zen is a pretty cold person. She barely laughs. She always complete as told. Even how troublesome it is, she completes it. Even if it's out of her paying range. I wonder if it's because she likes me.

Killua: I think she likes you.

Ariel: is that so? I also know... Zen really like sweets. She also... Always stealing honey from my cupboard. It's like she has an addiction to sweets.

Killua laughs " I know right. "

Ariel: what's Zen like? Killua.

Killua: in my memory... She's always smiling. She's always asking me what I want to do. Always eating sweets. So when... I forgot her... And then... Found her again... The Zen I seem to know seem to be gone already...

Ariel: then why marry her? She's not the Zen you know already. Isn't it?

Killua: because I was the one who wasn't strong enough to hold onto her. So she left, thinking it's best. She will come back, I just... Didn't have the time to chase her back before...

" Before... " He clenches his fist  " she was gone again before my eyes. " He sighs " sometimes I think... Did I become stronger?"

Ariel: I think... Some things... We can't change. Just like... I can't change the fact I killed my parents and I don't regret it and I'll forever carry the name of unfillial murderer.

Killua's eyes widens by what she just said. The fact that she just said she killed her parents so easily.

Ariel: anyway, I think Zen will be happy to hear these. I mean... Zen only has killua to love. Only killua loves Zen.

Killua: ... What are you talking about? She still has reyuki. She's her family isn't it?

Ariel: you think that's enough love for one Zen?

Killua: what are you? You just met reyuki didn't you? Making those assumptions.

Ariel: I know I'm right. I just am.

They reached a big mansion.

Ariel: oh. We're here. Thank you zolydck.

Killua: sudden you're formal?

Ariel: because you don't trust me. I only called you killua because I trust you. Because Zen trust you. With that... Be careful of velva. She's not so friendly like me. Neh.

" Friendly?" Killua laughed a little " you're the same as her. " She takes the groceries over " no I'm not. I'm transparent about the things I want. "

Killua: that doesn't make it any better.