Chapter 12

Long distance relationship. I never knew it would be so hard. I thought calls and chats could make everything okay. But I was wrong.

We always make sure that we talk every night no matter how busy or tired we were. He never fails to send me goodnight messages and I never fail to send him sweet dreams messages.

There were times where one of us would unintentionally fall asleep. There were also times where we had our little misunderstandings, but we always fix it before we end the call.

We had a fight again last night and it wasn't just a little misunderstanding, his future was at risk. He already made his final decision— he didn't even bother to tell me sooner—that he'd leave school and go back to LA to take acting classes.

"Nice joke, babe," I laughed, pressing my phone to my ear to hear him clearly. I noticed that he wasn't laughing and that was when I realized he was serious. "Please tell me you're joking."

"No, I'm not. What's wrong with acting? This what I want, love," he said.

"There's nothing wrong with taking acting classes. It's just that, I think you should finish your major first. It's cool to be an actor, but it's a lot cooler to be an actor with a degree," I said convincingly.

"You promised me that you're going to support me with everything. What happened now?" He sighed.

"Ross, what will your mom say? Does she know about this?" I asked.

"Yes, and she doesn't want me to leave Ohio too."

"See? She knows what's best for you. It's okay if you won't listen to me, but please listen to your mother."

"She knows what's best for me? She made me took engineering which I didn't like in the first place."

"Ross, listen to me—"

But before I could say anything, he already interrupted me, "no! You listen to me. I know what I want to do. And I'll do it with or without your approval. Goodnight."

I was about to protest, but he already ended the call. I was so stressed because my finals were coming up and I became more stressed because of Ross.

I wanted him to be happy and I wanted him to do things that makes him happy. But I really do think that he should finish college first because education should always be our priority.

I just hoped that will not regret his decision.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Weeks passed by and Ross still wouldn't talk to me. He didn't answer my calls, he didn't reply to my messages. I wanted to talk to him, but he won't let me.

I was busy studying for my presentation tomorrow, when Lili came running to my room. "Hey, someone's waiting for you downstairs."

"Who?"

"Just go down."

"I'm busy, Lili. Whoever that is, tell that person that I can't talk right now," I sighed, looking down on my papers.

"What if I tell you it's Ross?" She smirked.

I looked at her, raising my left eyebrow, "are you joking?"

She didn't answer me. Instead, she opened the door widely and nodded her head towards the outside of the door.

I rolled my eyes and went down quickly. When I reached the lobby of the building where I was staying, I was a bit surprised when I Ross, sitting in one of the couches with two big suitcases beside him.